• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

what does this mean....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
my guinea pig keeps burrying her face in my other guinea pigs fur... its doesnt seem vicious... but it makes my guinea pig stop dead what shes doing and wont move untill the other one has stopped doing it...
ive never seen anything like this before...
and its been happening for a few days now...
does any one know what there doing...?
p.s. they are both girls...

197963_10150495414580291_756170290_17856327_5077759_n-1.jpg

That's interesting. I'm pretty sure there is some kind of gland behind the ear/neck area that helps other pigs recognize eachother (if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me!). So maybe that has something to do with it?

could be... :)
theyve been having a bit of a dominance battle recently but nuzzle (the tri colour) seems to be the more dominant.....
dont know wether this has some thing to do with re-enforcing dominance...?
I'm slightly confused by this...lol
x

Hmmmm.... I see my girls do this to each other sometimes when they are in heat, in conjunction with rumblestrutting and other general sauciness. I've always thought it was kind of a precursor to mouting behaviour... I never see them actually mount each other but one of them will definitely do the face to the back of the neck move as if she's going to mount the other pig. Do you think it could be cycle related? That's when I see all my weirdest behaviour- nothing like guinea pig PMS!

Hmmmm.... I see my girls do this to each other sometimes when they are in heat, in conjunction with rumblestrutting and other general sauciness. I've always thought it was kind of a precursor to mouting behaviour... I never see them actually mount each other but one of them will definitely do the face to the back of the neck move as if she's going to mount the other pig. Do you think it could be cycle related? That's when I see all my weirdest behaviour- nothing like guinea pig PMS!

i think you could be right...
never though of piggie PMS...:)
lol
its just ever so bizzarre how they do it... lol
thanks...x

shes not grooming her is she? only cause thats my what ferrets look like when they groom each other..:))

Esther x

I noticed mine doing this before. shes in season and doing pixies head in! May be related!

shes not grooming her is she? only cause thats my what ferrets look like when they groom each other..:))

Esther x

lol...
i dont think so because she litterally just buerries her face in her fur and wont move... its ever so wierd...
thanks though...
:)
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back