• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What Does This Sound Mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys!
So i'm not great on piggy noises yet, and Lemon is a noisy one so i was wondering what this noise meant.
View My Video
On this video you only see Panda, lemon is in her hutch chilling while panda is just racing around. What noise is she making and why ?

I tried with the volume on max and still couldn't really hear the noise.
But what I did learn from this forum was to listen to the noise and then look at the guinea pig and read their body language.
Panda running around looks perfectly happy.
If Lemon is in her house and making this noise, how does she look?
Does she seem relaxed, or is she hiding in a corner?
If she looks relaxed then she might just be a chatty pig.
We have one who can't take a single step without making a squeaking noise!

It was sadly a quiet noise this time, she can do it at various "heights" and usually does it when Panda is being an absolute mad woman, running around from one side to another and making her silly jumps.
It's hard to tell how lemon is acting in her hutch, she's a lot more scared from people than Panda and still gives me some "prrr" ish noises when I make a loud noise by accident as she doesn't like it.
I don't think she's stiff and huddled in a corner but she's not completely relaxed either. Though if there is noise coming from the cage 80% of the time it's lemon so she is overall a lot more vocal than Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back