• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What does this sound mean?

Lindsey121497

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Whenever I pet or pick up my guinea pig he makes this squeaking sound. It doesn't quite sound like chirping or wheeking. Any clue what it could mean?

Just sounds like a happy content little piggie to me. I'm sure he's trying to have a very deep and meaningful conversation with you but I still can't speak piggie that well

Sounds like he’s just chatting to you. Does he live alone or have a friend?
:wel:

How many have you tried him with to decide he doesn’t get along with them? And how old is he?

He is 2 I got him from a co-worker hes been with 2 males and always mounts them and bites them.

He is 2 I got him from a co-worker hes been with 2 males and always mounts them and bites them.

mounting is a normal dominance behaviour, it isn’t fighting and doesn’t mean they don’t get on. All boars will mount

And boar trios rarely work. That’s likely why there was biting. Please find him a friend, it’s not fair on him to keep him alone for another 3-5 years.

And boar trios rarely work. That’s likely why there was biting. Please find him a friend, it’s not fair on him to keep him alone for another 3-5 years.
Yupp I definitely want to get him a friend. He has been with 2 different males at separate times. I was planning on getting him neutered so he can have a female companion.

Don’t discount a boar pairing as well. Good luck. We would love to see some photos of him.

That’s good it’s been separate - you wouldn’t want three boars together!
Again though, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t get on with boars, he just hasn’t found the right one. Neutering him, having the six week post op wait to become infertile and finding is a sow is always an option. Character compatibility still is vital with a sow so dating at a rescue centre is still the best thing to do.

Yeah he had accidently sired some kids so I was going to try to pair him with one of his offspring after he has been sterilized. He got along with that piggy but my coworker realized too late that his pal was not a boar but a sow.

I was watching your video with my pig lying on my arm (we were cuddling). He began making the same sound after listening for 3 seconds! 😂

Back