• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What got you hooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piggeroo

I'm so excited to get 2 GP's but I'm still waiting for my lazy boyfriend to finish all the decorating... so I wondered what got you all hooked onto GP's and what do you love the most about them?

i think their sweet faces and their big eyes are what i like, they are fun and have wonderful personalities and can make you really laugh ;D ;D ;D i would never be without piggies and i love them dearly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i love their personality, faces, eyes, and their gentliness(sp) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I love lots of things - including their sweet smell, and their little plastic ears that always seem to be really hot or really cold, and all of their funny little noises, and the way they always headbutt me under the chin while they're trying to get up on my shoulder, and all their little arguments :smitten:

Their cute little faces and the way they walk are huge draws for me.

The thing I love most is that they are Guinea Pigs!

I adore the little noises they make.

My little black boar is so cool and laid back he stretches out on me and dozes off on a regular basis during lap time!

Just the cute face and the little and BIG personalities. I've got two for the kids and then it went from there....LOL I fell in love with some other piggies and just had to take them home. 98)
Now whenever we see piggies I have to restrain myself and give hubby the purse for savekeeping..LOL ... I still take the "free" ones that need rescuing though... O0 :smitten:

I love guineapigs not because of their beauitful coats and face or their cutness but because they are always there and when you need a someone to listen to you, they listen and they don't walk off or interupt you.

I love their little wriggly tummies and perfect little feet

I also love love their little sock faces (Merlins face looks like 2 black buttons on a black sock hand puppet :smitten:)

They all sound so cute...thank you for sharing your good points. Never had any before, but I'm certainly looking forward to having 2 sows, but we've still got a lot of decorating to do, and I would hate for them to breathe in the dust and fumes, so I have to be very patient....and thats hard for me ;D

The are very calming, fun to watch. Lovely to hold love you no matter what once they gain your trust and are beautiful creatures. They are under-rated! :D

Its the wheeking that got me. And how they are more than happy to sit for ages getting a cuddle. There little faces when you give them the veg..... oh i could go on and on and on. x

My hubby has always GP's down to their squeaks and little cute piggy lips. We adopted our first 2 girls around 10 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago we adopted a boar! Just like everyone on this site warned us - they're addictive and we won't settle with just 2! Guess they were right! :smitten:

OH everything lol the faces, their lips, their legs, their wheeking, their trust, their cuddles, I could go on and on and on....... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

my better half wanted guinea pigs, i said no, and he found cute pics online and I got hooked from there

They have such definite and differing personalities,and attitude too!
Also they are cuddly, and have such sweet noses and mouths !What more could you want? 0:) >:D

I didn't really have a choice to be honest with you. My first guinea pig was dumped in my parents back garden and I found him. But I have to admit I was glad as I had wanted one for ages and then someone dumps one. He is well looked after with his 3 brothers.

Also my parents garden has 6 foot high fences all around it so you figure out how he got in.

Like some others for me its the noises they make. When we moved house I only had one piggy left and we said when he died no more but about a month after he died I just couldnt stand the quiet, it seemed so alien chopping veg for tea with no wheeking in the background so we caved and bought two (yes I know bad) Poppy and Lily, Poppy was pregnant and 2 turned into 4 and now we have 9 :D I also love their personalities and spend ages just watching them mooch about

:D I suffer with depression and couldnt sleep,i have 14 piggies now and i havent touched my tablets since i first got them and i sleep all night every night.I have found it so relaxing spending time with them,they are wonderful company.I do have a loving husband and 5 wonderful children,but the piggies don't judge me,answer back,care how my hair looks,keep pestering me for money lol.I wouldnt be without them now,they all have their own personalities,noises and they are soooo cute. ;D :smitten:

I love everything about guinea pigs - their cute faces, their loud and varied noises, and their enthusiasm for food, but best of all is their sweet nature. They happily accept each newcomer to the herd and even willingly share their food. I know I have a lot of space for my two herds but in all the years I have kept piggies I have NEVER had any who do not get on! I can't think of any other animal that would behave so well! :)

shard25 said:
I didn't really have a choice to be honest with you. My first guinea pig was dumped in my parents back garden and I found him. But I have to admit I was glad as I had wanted one for ages and then someone dumps one. He is well looked after with his 3 brothers.

Also my parents garden has 6 foot high fences all around it so you figure out how he got in.

My theory ... the guinea pig angels delivered him to where he was wanted and would be loved! 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back