• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What happened to polar fleece?!

Hath

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I cannot believe I am writing this in 21st century UK... I CANNOT FIND POLAR FLEECE IN THE SHOPS! Literally spent two days running around shopping centres and shops and only shop that had them was the Range. Seems like the polar fleece is out of the fashion and replaced with 'cuddly' fleece! It's the softer one with smaller fibers sticking out. Have you ever used it for cage liners? It's not the crazy fluffy type, more like shiny and soft type. I ended up buying some online per metre. But can't believe high Street shops no longer sell something so basic. I bought a lot previously from IKEA and tesco/ B&m, home bargains etc etc...
I was after certain color, but to my shock I would have to settle for anything :coat:
And if that wasn't bad, small black cable ties are as hard to find!
I mean, do I blame Brexit or Covid for this?

I buy our fleece from Ikea it’s grey stripped and it’s £1.75 for a throw! I made it into some liners with wadding and a waterproof mattress protector and it works a treat! We get cable ties from Amazon in bulk!

I’ve never bought fleece in a shop before, only online from eBay. The boys did previously have fleece liners made from ikea and B&M fleece. Small back cable ties should be available on amazon or eBay as well.

Asda have some in...they do a yellow and grey bundle of two or a pink and grey set for £6 at the moment. Also found some in B&M and in Pound Stretcher.
The quality is a bit iffy...it washed fine for wicking prep but then the pile looks a bit shabby after the first brush down and wash post Guinea pig. It'll do for now.

I do agree though the selection is very limited. There's a man on my local market who sells some for £5 a yard and it looks pretty good so I might head there next.

I've bought most of mine on ebay too. The choice of colours and pattern is so much wider. I usually get my cable ties in B&Q. Although I will be looking on line if I need them in future as B&Q have far to many rules and regulations to make shopping there possible any more.

I've bought my polar fleece off eBay too. Cable ties I've got from in excess.

I've bought the ones from ASDA recently and there are also some quite plain grey or beige ones in wilco which I like.

I've checked online all the shops around me and then went in to the stores if they had some online. I've seen the asda ones, wanted to buy them, but they didn't have them in the store...
Bought mine online yesterday , just shocked they don't stock them anymore. As I was hoping to get on with the cage building so I can sort the liners.
Ordered cable ties off amazon yesterday, pack of 1000 coming my way. That should last :drool:

Back