• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilovepiggies

I have a ferplast tris indoor cage it is quite large, I am planning on putting two piggies in it. What are your reccomendations fot the best bedding?
I will be buying everything I need to get started this weekend.

Thanks

;D

Hi there :)

I tend to put down a layer of newspaper, then some sawdust\or hay in the main area, and use lots of hay in the bedroom so the piggies can burrow in it and hide away :)

If you look at the top of the Housing forum, there is a list of each type of bedding people use and what they think of it, as everyone likes different types. May be worth a read there :)

Hope this helps ;)

x

Hi

www.guineapigcages.com is the best place to find out about cage sizes etc.
Chick it out and it will tell you how much space 2 piggies in a cage need and bedding options etc

A nice thick layer of paper and Hay is the favourite for most folks, easy to clean out and cheap. Chopped straw is also good, and products such as aubiose.

Sawdust is a not recommended as it takes natural oils away from piggies skin but lots of folks use it still and say it is fine. My personal experience is that since I took my pigs off it, they have become much much healthier and my trips to the vets less frequent....

Great thanks, I think I will kepp away from sawdust as the piggies arent on that now so I will go for hay

Cheers

::)

In Bimbis cage I put a good layer of newspaper down, then I put in shavings. :)

*~GuineaPiggable~*

I use a layer of newspaper and carefresh. It is quite expensive but does'nt make much mess and there is very little odour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back