What Is Their Favourite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimz

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I change things around food wise for my piggies but I do know their favourites. What surprises me is that they do not have a sweet tooth. Grapes get left as do strawberries. They may have a few pieces but they are not that bothered. They also have completely ignored those guinea pig treats in little balls. But in order of preference, these get gobbled down :

1) curly kale
2) peppers
3) cucumber
4) parsley

If any of the above are served everything else gets forgotten and kale beats the lot. If I want to calm them down or treat them kale wins every time. What do your piggies love the most?

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't say as I notice a favourite amoungst my boys, they just scoff the lot lol, though I did have a little fellow fuzzums who loved cucumber.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't say as I notice a favourite amoungst my boys, they just scoff the lot lol, though I did have a little fellow fuzzums who loved cucumber.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Above anything else, both my boys go crazy for parsley, but they only get this when I cut their nails every 2 weeks as it gives Dom white Pee's :( Dom also loves apples, pairs & watermelon which he only gets one weekly.

Critter

Reaction score
Coriander, grapes, apples, Kale, melon....
The only thing they have regularly our of that lot is the Coriander and the Kale, the Kale not every day though. The fruit isn't even once a week.
I had a piggy who went mad for broccoli, and a favourite of Sunrise is red pepper, which she has every day. Penny is fond of thin beans.
They all like celery and cucumber.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ruby red gem lettuce and coriander is the food of the gods. Pepper goes down really well too.

Crazy4Cavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Kiwi loves erm... kiwi and orange for fruits :)) (now you know how she got her name) and peppers and cucumbers are her favourite veg where as Willow loves tomatoes orange peppers. But only one of them likes parsley. Oh and celery is also a joint fav.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Above anything else, both my boys go crazy for parsley, but they only get this when I cut their nails every 2 weeks as it gives Dom white Pee's :( Dom also loves apples, pairs & watermelon which he only gets one weekly.

Our first girls in our avatar adored parsley we fed it far too much as we knew no better then. I dread to think of portion size, they didn't complain though :))

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
probably cucumber for mollie. closely followed by lettuce, especially red mini cos. that seems to have been a favourite with all the piggies i've had.

benjie just likes food in general! :))

Gimz

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Kiwi was not high on our piggies agenda. Tried them with cabbage this week and that's been a bit so so. Will give red gem lettuce a go next week and maybe some coriander as not tried that either. Good to know what works for others

adominion24

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Meeko's favorite is apple. He loves them so much that he knows the sound of cutting one. If we cut an apple anywhere in the house then he gets so excited he tries to climb out of his cage, while wheeking quite loudly, until we give him something. Then if it's not an apple he's mad. Poor guy.
Patch just likes food in general. In fact, I've been feeding Meeko critical care through a syringe while he's recovering from an illness. I was feeding him last night at the same time that my husband had Patch out (away from Meeko). He got away from my husband and found the feed beside me (I was feeding Meeko in the middle of all this) and then proceeded to stick his face in the tiny bowl and eat it. They're so silly :-)

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our first girls in our avatar adored parsley we fed it far too much as we knew no better then. I dread to think of portion size, they didn't complain though :))
Awwww your girls are such adorable lady Piggies, I often wonder what it would be like to have a Sow or 2, Awesome I'm guessing :D With the Parsley I often end up buying a portion and only using a quarter of it as I worry to much if it'll cause Dom any problems. Dom also loves Coriander, but Tubby absolutely hates the smell of it and will continuously do laps until I remove it from his food bowel. I only give Parsley and Coriander on nail clipping day, Coriander for Dom & Parley for Tubby :tu:

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:DWith my girls, I would say that Cucumber is definitely no.1. They've been getting a lot of it in this hot weather and haven't turned their noses up at it yet! After cucumber, it's parsley, cabbage and carrot.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
well today mollie and benjie both chose to eat all the sweet gem lettuce before the cucumber so that's a hit at the moment :tu:

Gimz

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I gave them coriander for the first time this morning and they loved it even more than kale.

Not going to buy cabbage again though as it just gets left.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beano loves curly kale.
Cookie loves broccolli.
Peaches is definately a red and greeen pepper boy.
Smudge loves cucumber.
Luna loves lettuce.
They all love apple and parsley.

VickyMidlands

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It used to be baby corn and strawberries but now it's kale and lettuce. If there's nothing green down straight away he carries on squeaking!

jayne

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two guinea pigs love cucumber they go wild when I chop it up for them . That's there favourite food but one of them have lost her voice but she still goes wild for cucumber

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Cucumber, carrot and beetroot. They get a slice of cucumber once a day and carrot and beetroot once a week. We are having veggie issues at the moment because they eat something once then don't want it again, especially if I grow it for them! At my wits end to know what to try next, it's like having a couple of fussy two year olds in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.