• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you fall for guinea pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have loved them since i was about 17 my sister got some and i fell in love with them .

i have had a few over the years had a little gap from them and now have 6 and there is always room for more .

my whole family love them and we all spoil them

Harold and Maude. I saw them and fell in love!

My mum had them when I was little, then I started a new primary school that kept them too.
I've always loved them, I think I spent about 5 years asking my parents for one until they finally got me Bailey in 2005.

I couldn't imagine not having them now x

Leo, my first pig (came with Africa who I still have). Leo was special, he had some sort of mental disability, either from birth or the uncureable ear infection he kept getting. He was special tho, he would watch me do stuff and run into my feet when running around like a drunk. He'd petal as fast as he could everywhere he wanted to go. I still have a video of him on my phone, I should upload it. Kenya is very much like him without the specialness. I miss him, 1 year on the 25th of October you've been gone. x

Leo, my first pig (came with Africa who I still have). Leo was special, he had some sort of mental disability, either from birth or the uncureable ear infection he kept getting. He was special tho, he would watch me do stuff and run into my feet when running around like a drunk. He'd petal as fast as he could everywhere he wanted to go. I still have a video of him on my phone, I should upload it. Kenya is very much like him without the specialness. I miss him, 1 year on the 25th of October you've been gone. x

Awwww he sounds like such a special piggy. My bunny Tia died on the 25th October, will be four years this year :(

My Gizmo was on his own in a pet shop and reminded me of my first piggy Huxley Pig. He kinda looked like a puppy and a bit sad so we brought him home.

A week later I came home to find Gizmo had a new friend called Nigel. My OH had brought him home after he "called out" to him! Ha ha. I wasn't sure about Nigel at first probably because I didn't pick him but I adore him now. He is such a clever boy and not scared of anything. He cracks me up every day chasing after my hand held vacuum when I do the daily poop patrol.

Christopher was a poorly pig I saw in a scabby pet shop, he had a bad fungal infection and was loosing fur. I went home and left the poor sausage in the shop but I felt bad and went back for him a couple of days later and they gave him to me for free. He was skin and bones when I got him but very boisterous and ooooh soooo cute

Our first 2 were no longer wanted, the owners daughter asked if I wanted them, wasnt too sure to start with but I've always been a sucker for a sob story. We brought them an indoor cage, then about 2 mths later we upgraded the cage = spare cage meant more piggies. I saw 2 pews in the pet shop they had been there for a while, felt sorry for them so they came home. Sadly the original 4 have passed over but we continue the cycle and still have 4.

They are just too cute! I was 6 when i got my first piggy. The theory in our house is "if theres an empty space, fill it!" So every time a hutch is empty we add another piggy to our family.

I can't imagine not having them.

My dad loves piggies...they're about the only pet he doesn't moan about!
We got 4 when I was younger, and sadly they all died in a year, all under a year old (genetic defect, apparently, they were all brothers) and ever since we lost them I just felt something was missing!
I spotted Spud the day he was born at work, fell in love, and it all started again from there! :)

We always had guinea pigs, rabbits, hammies and dogs when i was little but then i left home and got myself a doggy and never even gave piggles a thought.

Then, for one of my birthdays a couple of years ago, my best mate bought me gorgeous beautiful sexy Sidney Pig Standing and i absolutely loved loved loved him to bits and so did my dog at the time Nancy Dog Standing. My mate took a real gamble doing this totally out of the blue but she knows how much i love animals and she knew i would never neglect them or anything, but omg i have to say he is the best present anyone has ever bought me and i will never ever forget my little ginge.

Sadly, i lost him very early when he was only one due to horrible nasty teeth problems and i missed him so much i decided to take on two rescue pigs, Salt & Pepper. Sadly i also lost them at only 3 years old (each one) earlier this year, one to pneumonia/underlying heart problems and Pepper to bladder stones and now have little Oscar and Stanley who i adore and touch wood ( i will go and check in a minute) they are still with me.

That is my story! lol

My brother fell in love with his girlfriends piggies, then when we were helping her move house my mom fell for them so I said I'd get her a couple and then my brother could also cuddle them so he wouldn't miss Rudi and Dexter so much. I didn't know anything about piggies but I found Sweep on Preloved and it was his funky hairdo that made me ring with beating pulse and sweaty palms as I wanted him so much I was scared he'd already found a home. While I was looking on Preloved I let my other brother pick a piggy he wanted so we had Fudge too, tiny little loveable scrap of a pig that he was. I wouldn't part with any of my pigs for all the tea in China, I love them all to bits

I fell in love with piggies after I got my first 2 girls when I was 9. I'm now 14 and they are sill with me today + one more. x)

My OH and I have always loved piggies after having them as kids.

On New Years Day 2008 I woke up and wanted some again. I pestered my husband for ages and in April 2009 (yes I am persistent) I came home to find he had bought me them in secret! My OH and my piggies are super special!

I've always wanted one, but my mother was really allergic.

I had a friend in grade school who had a couple of them. She would dress them up and push them around in a baby stroller.

As soon as I saw how docile and passive they were, I knew they were for me.

Once I moved out I got a piggy.

Then my mother bought me a new one as a gift, so I finally got my babies.

My OH was not really into any pets :(
The kids had been bugging him for years to get a dog or cat, well one day i wasn't well and was watching the tv in the bedroom when they did a clip on piggies........i yelled out to the kids to come and look and then said to Allan we are getting piggies !!
Hence Sully and Duke arrived in 2002 and i've been besotted ever since x)droolx)droolx)drool

i am new comer i got sexy my first piggy 4 years ago. I cant explain how special he is to me. i have depression and have had some dark times alone in my bedroom before i moved in with hubby and if sexy had'nt been in there with me with his wondeful personality i dont know what i would have done.:)

I never had piggies when i was growing up i was more of a dog person! :)) But then I was indroduced to my in-laws herd of piggies, and ooohh did i love their squeeks! :) So thats how my piggies obbsession started i looked into adopting and found my two little furballs in the PAH adoption center, little Harvey was sat in his bowl of muselie and Artie was popcorning around crazily i was only going in their to get all the stuff to set up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back