• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What pellet/mix food do you feed - Poll - because I'm nosy.

Which do you feed?

• Burgess Excel Nuggets (any varities)

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Wagg Optimum pellets

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Pets at Home (own brand)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Oxbow Cavy Cuisine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science Selective Guinea pig nuggets

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Pet shop own brand

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Whatever is cheapest at the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • I dont feed pellets i feed a mix

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
¡Fiesta! Pellets, with sprinkles of quaker oats that I steal from the dining hall.

Wagg Optimum all the way :o They have a few of the new FibaFirst three times a week in their hay trays and used to like the Burgess Blackcurrant & Oregano until recently :{

Mr Johnson's everyday advance pellets from wilkinsons , works out the same price as Burgess which I'm trying when the bag runs out but they seem to love johnsons

Burgess oregano and blackcurrant and Burgess ordinary. Bertie prefers muesli actually, but Burgess is better for him. I prefer chocolate to food but I am not allowed that!mallethead

A mix of usually two of the following: Wagg optimum, p@h nuggets, Burgess with blackcurrants & oregano and a little bit of p@h muesli mixed in once a day to keep the selective feeders happy. Science selective if it is on discount.

The Tribe went collectively off Burgess excel over a year ago. I find that a changing mix keeps everypig happy and helps to integrate any newbies better. It is also a lot less stressful in case the shop's run out of a special brand again and I have to bridge the time until an internet delivery arrives (not helped by the fact that we are in a slow post area!)

Wagg Optimum, though I am considering Wiebke's way of mixing different foods in like Wagg Crunch and some different pellet foods for some variety (though pellets will always be the bulk of what they get).

Wagg's worked out great for us though, cheap when buying in 10kg sacks compared to other pellets and the pigs love the stuff! They went off Excel a while back and I've not tried it since. The P@H nuggets went down very well with them before my herd dramatically expanded too.

I feed a mixture of Wagg Optimum (which they love!), Wagg Guinea Crunch & Oxbow Cavy Cuisine which is the one they're least keen on lol!

Don't know how I can vote for all three? :{

I currently feed the burgess supaguinea mix and trying to wean them on to the burgess nuggets :)

I feed mine very little amount of Burgess Oregano and Blackcurrant twice a week as a treat, and Bunny Guinea pig Dream. They really like both, but I think feeding them more hay and veg/grass/fruit is more natural than pellets. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back