• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What plants are you growing for your piggies this year?

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I have some coriander seeds that I'll be planting loads of this year as my lot demand coriander all the time. I planted lettuces last year and my piggies very much enjoyed the outside leaves so I'll grown them again this year. I may also have a go at planting peppers and cucumbers too.

That sounds amazing! I have bought some corriander seeds, lettuce and peppers too! I've never grown anything before though 😅 coriander is so expensive as well so hoping to save some pennies! Good luck with your growing! :)

That sounds amazing! I have bought some corriander seeds, lettuce and peppers too! I've never grown anything before though 😅 coriander is so expensive as well so hoping to save some pennies! Good luck with your growing! :)
Grew coriander last year it took about 2 weeks to germinate and about another 4-5 before it was big enough to get anything off it for the piggies. I'm going to start growing it in March.

Grew coriander last year it took about 2 weeks to germinate and about another 4-5 before it was big enough to get anything off it for the piggies. I'm going to start growing it in March.
Good plan. I'll start too! Didn't think it would take that long! Xx

Good plan. I'll start too! Didn't think it would take that long! Xx
Neither did I. I didn't forget to water them either. It may have been just the variety I got last year of course but I can't remember which one it was now.

Lettuce, fine beans, peppers, cucumber, mint, basil, and parsley. They might get a little share in our carrots and beetroot as well. Nugget's the only one who will eat tomato, he loved the tiny hanging basket ones I grew last year so I expect I'll grow them again as well. Anything else depends on what the neighbours are growing as we swap plants.

I may try for coriander, green beans, pepper and lettuce. I grew lettuce last year and they had a few leaves. But it was being munched by snails I think 😭 the coriander was really fragrant but they liked it.

Back