• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What questions should I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayneG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Am going to call someone about a Himalayan boar they have to rehome him. He is 12 weeks old. Are there any particular questions I should ask? Has he been wormed etc. How much has he been handled, temperament etc. Any tips greatly appreciated!

If it was me i would ask about his temperment i'd want to know if hes tame, cheeky or shy? and if he has any known health problems etc just to get a picture of him x

Verity said:
If it was me i would ask about his temperment i'd want to know if hes tame, cheeky or shy? and if he has any known health problems etc just to get a picture of him x

Ditto. And their reasons for re-homing him.

carrot_tit said:
Verity said:

yep. also where / how he has been kept.

If they say, for example: outside, and as a reason for rehoming "the girls lost their interest" then he might be a real poor soul that is probably filthy and needs especially nourishing food because he is so thin..

Abnoba said:
carrot_tit said:
Verity said:

yep. also where / how he has been kept.

If they say, for example: outside, and as a reason for rehoming "the girls lost their interest" then he might be a real poor soul that is probably filthy and needs especially nourishing food because he is so thin..

Agree with the above.
Would also ask whether he has been housed with other pigs or on his own. I would also ask for details on what he is fed - access to hay, what dried food, how much veg, what sorts and how often etc. This should allow you to get a reasonable picture on whether he has had everything he should have had and also you may be able to smooth the transition over to you if you know what he is used too.

Well I spoke to the owner. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. Am going to go see the little on either this weekend or next and take a little list of questions with me. But it genuinely sounds like he adores them and am feeling good about this!

JayneG said:
Well I spoke to the owner. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. Am going to go see the little on either this weekend or next and take a little list of questions with me. But it genuinely sounds like he adores them and am feeling good about this!

That's great then. Good Luck.

He was going to keep him for breeding but wants to downsize. I don't agree with breeding more guinea pigs with all the unwanted ones that are already out there, so would be happy to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back