What To Do About Moving Their Cage Outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So for winter, well since around beginning of October i bought the Guinea Pigs inside. In March/beginning of spring, i plan to move them back outside. I personally would love to keep them in my room, but my parents want them to go outside :( Anyway, as even though it will be spring, it will still be pretty cold (UK) and I'm concerned that the cold will shock them or harm them. Will they be okay going from being in the warmth for 6 months to suddenly going outside?

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My pigs are in an insulated shed. Previous pigs were in a hutch outside, the hutch was waterproofed to a high standard, of an evening, a winter king size quilt was wrapped around it and a tarpaulin covered the lot to keep it dry.

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think my next door neighbor is getting rid of her shed, its very small but i think it would fit the hutch in. Not quite sure when she is getting rid though? Last time they went outside they had a duvet and tarpaulin on but both went in the bin to too long ago. For the most part 2014 they were outside with the duvet and tarpaulin on but were in a garage before that. They cant go back in the garage for various reasons. What should i do if i don't manage to get the shed? i can't afford one myself as I'm too young for a job btw. i think i will be able to get it but not for a while, maybe until April. I could try keep them inside until then, after all they are not in my parents way as they are in my room so I'm sure i can keep them in there till then.

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can get the shed, go for it, you wouldn't have to put the hutch in the shed if you could insulate it and have the whole shed as their home. ;)

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
will do :) i would love to do that, but unfortunately the pigs are separated because of a fight etc, and they would get much extra space. i may try do that, as it may be bigger than i think. Hmmm ill think about it and see what my parents say, thankyou :)

Status
Not open for further replies.