• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What would you do?/Think is best? (Skinny Pig)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky1804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At beginning of the month I had to have Kye pts. I started looking around and came across someone how has some baby skinny pigs available(Himi I might add)
My partner was not sure but has actually said I can get any piggy I want. I have re contacted the person to see if the boy I was interested in is still available.
But having time to think is bad for me, as I sometime over think things.

First off two things. Skinny pig owner know that these piggies come at a cost(not in a bad way but they arnt priced like haired piggies). Second. I'm unemployed and have been for around 4 1/2 months.My partner does work. I do have money in savings that I could use to buy said piggy.
Given my situation do you think it would be wrong of me to spent said amount of money on a skinny and I should wait until I'm working?
What would you do?

Every piggy I see I want but I only have space for one. Iv looked skinnys for a while and said I always would like one and the chance has presented itself at not the best time.

Any input would be great as I'm on the fence, put it this way I was working there would be no doubt in my mind

Thanks
Vicky

I would say go for a normal rescue piggy, save your money and give a home to one more in need. you can always have a skinny once times are easier and you are back in work :)

I would say go for a normal rescue piggy, save your money and give a home to one more in need. you can always have a skinny once times are easier and you are back in work :)

The general view from this forum will be to rescue a piggy as so many are looking for new homes, however I think only you can decide what is best for yourself.

If you really really want a skinny, then get one :) Only you know how you feel deep down. But hairy or not, only get one if you (or your partner if he's willing) can afford the potential vet care that may be needed.

I would suggest that if you can afford it, get a hairy pig this time around and save your left over money to put towards a piggy fund - 'just in case'. You can alway look into skinny ownership again once you are working.

Hope the decision isn't too hard!

i would say go to a rescue also - i love skinnies, but people ask too much for them and i wouldnt pay it, especially when there are so many others looking for homes in rescue centres around the country.

Rescue rescue rescue! Look at all these poor pigs without homes on the rehoming page inbreeding x

Where abouts in the country are you? Palace piggie rescue based in Crawley Sussex have just got 2 male skinnies in, it doesn't say they have to be rehomed together. If you could rehome from there it'd be great, you'd be rescuing and getting a skinny pig.

Where abouts in the country are you? Palace piggie rescue based in Crawley Sussex have just got 2 male skinnies in, it doesn't say they have to be rehomed together. If you could rehome from there it'd be great, you'd be rescuing and getting a skinny pig.

Skinnies in rescue , are you serious? :x.

Last edited:
Thank you HannahB for pointing those out, I have just emailed them. I'm based in North East England so not sure how a home check would work but I'm happy to work with them anyway possible. I travel down to London often as my partner works there and will be there next weekend so I have mentioned this. Fingers crossed.
Il let you know how I get one.
My piggy is 2 1/2 years old. If the piggies are both past pubery would an intro duction be possible if time is taken? Iv only ever introduced an older boar to a much younger boar.

There's no photo's just a foot note about them.

I would think they will need to go together, and please read that one of the boys suffers from impaction so you have to be prepared for that.

If you want a piggy friend for an existing adult boar, you need to be looking for a baby boy aged from 3 weeks old, preferably from rescue.

Your decision. I have a skinny himi, I call him my little 'Skimmy' he is just gorgeous. So many hairies in rescue though, so it's tough. xx

Can someone give me the link to these boys! I cant find it!
I have a rescue skinny with impactation problems ! To be fair the smell is intresting but i looooooooovvvvvvvvveeeee him!

The skinnies are now removed from the website, I presume they may have got a home.

There was no pigture, just a paragraph at the bottom. I imagine after it was on here, they were inandated with potential homes.

Ah i see! Well i can't have anymore! But was interested as you don't see skinnies in rescues! xxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back