• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Whats In Your Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i was just Wondering what do you have in your guinea pigs cage? I've got tubes(tunnels), toilet rolls, sodden bridge, a chew, cuddle toy. Every time I look in there I just think it looks so boring for them, so I wondered what things you have please?

Toilet roll tubes stuffed with Hay, cuddle cosys, a litter tray filled with hay, a wooden ball chew toy, and a cardboard tunnel :)

our guys have/like these kind of things:

rex in particular loves to sit and strip the bark off

My pigs have a two tier cage and in there they have a set of bendy logs (as above), two plastic domes, a hammock, two fleecy crash pads, a cosy, two litter hay trays, two food bowls, two water bottles, and cardboard tubes stuffed with hay.

The piggies in my bedroom have, in each 5 X 3 C and C cage, a bendy bridge, a fleecy hide, a wooden log cabin, cardboard tubes, a shred-a-log and a grass slipper. (Actually, only Beano and Dandy have a grass slipper. They demolished their first one, so then I gave them Feather and Swan's. They didn't touch theirs) The piggies in the other room each have a Trixie Natura hut, two bendy bridges, cardboard tubes, grass nest/ball, a shred-a-log, a fleecy hide and a grass hut.

Toilet roll tubes stuffed with Hay always go down well.
I sometimes cut slits in the side and thread bunches of hay through them, the boys go mental for them pulling all the hay out to munch

I have two willow balls, a bendy log house, a carrot cottage (which has been decimated), tunnel, hanging ball and occasionally paper bags filled with hay.

I have been wondering about this too. I have a feplast 120 and after two houses, a fleece tunnel and two food bowls there isnt a great deal of space! They have a corner toilet which I put alfalfa hay, oat grass or fresh grass in and they sit in there and chew and poo. I also alternate between another bendy tunnel or a paper bag stuffed full of hay which they absolutely love to chase each other in and out of, they get so excited when its paper bag time :-D luckily my tesco food shop brings all the veggies in perfect paper bags so I have a constant supply of them, which is useful because the naughty pigs like weeing in them too :-D

i always think the cage looks boring aswell. other peoples always look nicer than mine but i don't know why! :eek:

at the moment mollie and benjie have: a garden potting tray as their litter tray, two tunnels, two cardboard boxes, two kitchen roll tubes cut down the middle and stuffed with hay, and one of those bendy log bridges shown above in another post. and then some padded fleece area aswell.

they usually also have some cosy beds and tunnels in there aswell :)

I have a big box full of toys so i can change what they get every time I fully clean their cages. They love the wooden bendy tunnels and pigloos, they are always in there. Balls are also a favourite! They love to roll them about! Also a variety of cosy beds and hidey huts. Here's my current set up =]

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I have a big box full of toys so i can change what they get every time I fully clean their cages. They love the wooden bendy tunnels and pigloos, they are always in there. Balls are also a favourite! They love to roll them about! Also a variety of cosy beds and hidey huts. Here's my current set up =]

View attachment 25598View attachment 25599View attachment 25600View attachment 25601View attachment 25602View attachment 25603
That's amazing! Well they defently have enough toys to keep them occupied lol. My birthday has just passed and I've been toy shopping for them hehehe.

Some they don't bother with! But it makes their cage look nice so they have them in there and it's something new for them to see. Guineas are spoilt rotten!
It's crazy how they get spoilt instead of us :xd:

Oh I know you're telling me, if I ever have any spare money I get something for my piggies (and dogs, daughter and hubby) but very rarely myself. I get so much more enjoyment out of it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back