• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What's On Ruby's Foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pets Palace TV

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this could be? I just noticed it today on Ruby's foot...
photo.jpg

As Wiebke said, it could be a spur or a bit of poo stuck on the pad. But those nails need cutting. If you take her to the vet, he/she will cut them for you. They are much too long.

Yes it does look like a spur, would you suggest leaving it or not? I have just clipped her nails now.

I would leave it as long as it is not impeding her, but check what that brown stuff in the front of the picture is.

I too am concerned about the darker colour to the front - it suggests that the spur has caught or snagged on something and possibly in the process damaged the pink tissue on her footpad. I would suggest getting this checked by a vet to ensure no infection has set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back