• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Whats the licking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have had Mrs moo about a week now but only had the rex girls 4 or 5 days now. Mrs moo was affectionate from the first few seconds of meeting her but the rex's are coming round now. At first when mrs moo was pushing and sniffing at my had I wondered if she would nip but she's been licking me and I just sat with my hand in their cage today and all 3 were licking my hand. Is this affection, washing or just checking for food?

It can be affection towards you but also if you smell/taste of food this can also be the reason. One of my boys does it all the time, only to me though no one else, so I think it must me affection because I'm the feeder and cuddler :)

It can be because your hands smel/tastel of something nice!

However, licking is also a sign of affection.

I had just been cleaning up so nothing on my hands and they had a cuddle and a good scratch behind the ears before hand so hope its affection.

My wee boy does this to me - I love it when he does it, it totally feels affectionate and it's like a wee bond between you/them.

I only had my 2 girls before him and they have never done it so the second he done it, I totally fell in love with him. Easily pleased! :))

I haven't had one of my boars do this to me for a few years (some just don't) but Lentil does and its lovely x)

Poppy does this to me & my OH when we have cuddles! she likes to sit as high up as she can get, on my chest and half on my shoulder and then she licks my fingers one by one like she's nibbling kebabs! My OH tricked her into licking his nose the other day by lying flat on the sofa with her on his chest, she was licking his finger like mad and then he slyly moved his finger over his nose and took it away, she was licking his nose for ages - so cute! x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back