• Halloween themed fun Photo Competition Out-takes Click here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What's wrong with my guinea pig?

Rosevogt

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I called the pet store I got my guinea pig from and they think she might have a UTI but I'm not sure if I should take her to the vet or not. I attached a picture and she gets very tense and hunches over and basically screams when trying to urinate and maybe poop as well. Do I need to get her to the vet ASAP?Snapchat-588329260.jpg

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like she has a blockage please get to a vet as an emergency

Alison c

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oooh that doesn't look very good take her to the vets... hope everything is ok keep us informed 😓

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s a veterinary emergency I’m afraid. If you haven’t already done so please get her to a vets urgently ie straight away

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Definitely see an emergency vet ASAP to check for blockage. That looks very painful/inflamed/swollen and blockages can be fatal if not addressed quickly. Hope everything works out okay!

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Ouch! That looks very painful take her to the vet ASAP.

Alison c

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I called the pet store I got my guinea pig from and they think she might have a UTI but I'm not sure if I should take her to the vet or not. I attached a picture and she gets very tense and hunches over and basically screams when trying to urinate and maybe poop as well. Do I need to get her to the vet ASAP?View attachment 122504
Any news on your little ones progress? Hope all is ok x