whats wrong with tinkerbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
whats wrong with her for those who don't know tinkerbell shes 2days old her mother had a still born a healthy but under weight baby and tinkerbell and her brother oliver just did'nt look right both very floppy sadley we lost oliver the 1st night and mums never took to tinkerbell. Tinks is very unsteady on her feet still and shaking alot i'm syringe feeding her as tried with a tea spoon and she just would'nt have the goats milk she makes an effort to stand after every feed but keeps falling to one side all the time she can stand for a while even followed her mum a few times but then just flops on one side x

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
tinks not looking good atall dont no what to do just want to cry shes gone really floppy not even trying to move now xx

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh No! I have no idea what to suggest. Is there an emergency vets anywhere near you? I'm sorry, I don't really know how to help you :( Hopefully someone will come along soon.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sorry that my worst fears are coming true. It is very likely that Tinkerbell has been born with a heart or organ defect, which is the reason why mummy has been refusing her and her sibling - animals know.

You can try and see whether you can get a vet, but I doubt that he can do much for her, sadly. Just keep her with you as comfy as you can.

BIG HUG

Lisajazz

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say but it does sound like she is fading. sadly it's not meant to be for all of them and when mum doesn't want to know it's even harder and often means mum knows something you don't.

I hope she makes it. Please let us know how she is doing.

X

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
every time she has some milk she seems to perk up and starts walking a little not as fast as her brother but she gets there should i start feeding her hourly? xx i tend to cuddle her alot but when I'm not i put the hot water bottle under her and wrap her up shes just been fed and shes climbed out of her blanket and climbed on top of it trying to escape xx

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I would feed her hourly and keep massaging her gently, especially the belly and the back end to stimulate her.

Bless her - she is still trying!

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awww hon, so sad for little Tinks, i really really hope she pulls through, will be thinking of you through the night x

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i left her in with mum last night as i watched mum with her for well over an hour and she was cleaning her and whenever tink toppled onto her side lola darted over to her but come down this morning and lola had left tink on her own in the corner and tink could'nt stand again really thought she was getting better xx

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no :(. Is she ok? I hope she gets her strength back. Mum may pay more attention to her then if she does. Good luck. Keep up the good work with her :)

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
shes just been fed shes sneezing milk just got her on my chest with a blanket on her now as poor think was shaking mum must sense somethings wrong with her as shes fine with the surviving boy feeding him and everything xx

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bless her, poor little poppet. Lets hope she pulls through with your care :)

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
just hope shes not suffering she seems comfy but shes been wimpering alot today and i can hear her jaw crunching also her sneezing milk and not gaining balance like she normally does after a feed xx

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could she be breathing it in rather than swallowing? could you try using a spoon again?

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
tried with the spoon again shes not entertained on a plus side shes weeing on her own but very floppy today xx

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't know what else to suggest mashed pellet's maybe?You are doing very well to look after her like you have this long I really hope she pull's through.

Status
Not open for further replies.