• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Whats your guinea pigs favourite fresh food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Crater and Whiskers LOVE celery. They are not to keen on tomatoes though. They will eat them eventually but you can tell they would rather have something else.

Rosie and Amber still don't seem that keen on any fresh food. They will eat it and squeak if they hear me giving food to the others but when I put the food in, they just walk away. Some of it will get eaten but they don't seem to eat all of it.

I have also found that all four guinea pigs love spinach :)

I am not sure what my guinea pigs at my mum's house like. I will find out later :)

Elliie
TGPF Admin

My guinea LOVE cucumber if thats in they dish they won't sniff at anything else. Have to cut it up in to small bits of they will steal from one another

I just typed a reply and its gone!
Cherry loves cucumber
Pip loves lettuce
George loves baby carrots
Stanley loves lettuce

they all LOVE parsley

Tonic - his favourite is cucumber above anything else

Guinea loves carrot, not too sure on cauliflower

Icey - Her favourite food is cabbage.

Tiny - her favourite above her dry food is apple

Peanuts - her favourite food is carrot.

Rattie - her favourite food is broccoli.

Cherry loves broccolli

Kelly and piggies xx

Here is a picture I just took of Whiskers eating her celery from her little plastic tub. When both Whiskers and Crater have finished everything they walk around the cage with the plastic tub on there head. When they do I will try and take a pic :)

foodtime.jpg

Ellie
TGPF Admin

How cute! All my piggies love Parsley, Celery, Dill and Kale. Those are their number 1 favorites for sure.

Cucumber, spinach, kale, apple in small bits, carrot are the faves in spring and summer they love fresh grass so much too!

Leo the rabb is the only one who will eat sweetcorn - loves it, the girls love the husks!

Alison

spinach and kale are everyone's favourites, and banana, Dr loves cucumber, strawberry, parsley, coriander.
Scarby loves broccoli and strawberries. Riffy loves apple.
And they have grass posted up from my parents in Cornwall several times a week as I don't have a lawn. In the end I had to explain to the postman what all the parcels were!

My piggies favorites are

Bokki - cucumber, apple, celery

Benidorm cucumber, apple,carrots

Munchkin - Broccoli, cucumber, celery

Love

Claire
xx

Hello, Dandio here, I enjoy eating Parsley, Basil, Corriander, Cucumber, Romaine lettuce, carrots (well the outside!), cabbage, greens, cucumber amongst others. I can't stand brussel sprouts, blee!
Dandio x

I adore Dill a lot! love Salt and Pepper x

Well...

Betty adores the flesh of cherry tomatoes

Boris loves romaine/round lettuce and cucumber

Babs loves all greens as she is a BIG eater!

Bertie and Beryl both like carrots best of all.

I noticed that quite a few of you say that your piggies love spinach. Not to cast a downer on your piggies' feeding fun but apparently spinach has a high oxalic acid content which can upset the GI tract (advice given by the CCT and BAR). So I just feed mine spinach now and again as a treat ;D They do seem to love it though!

Alex

Zubin recently nicked some of my banana and he loves it but i dnt giv it to him much other than tht definatly Cucumber i usually hide it in my pocket and c how long it takes 4 him 2 find it its so sweet x

We don't really have favourite fresh foods in this house - it's a case of what we fancy at the time! In usual circumstances though, the rankings of food between us all are:-

1. Herbs - dill, parsley and coriander are our all time favourites and we will always eat these first when on offer
2. Lettuces - endive, escarole radicchio, mizuna, lollo rosso, romaine and little gem are popular lettuces we get a few times a week (romaine daily)

Celery is quite tasty, especially the leaves, and cucumber always goes down pretty well too.

All of my piggies love celery, carrots, cucumber, greens and parsley... not one of them ever refuse, lol. I love it after they have eaten celery.... they smell like a warm, furry celery, lol...... I know, I'm mad, but its kinda hard to describe, lol. Just sniff a piggy after they have eaten some and you will know what I mean ;D

Willie has a few favorites which include: cuccumbers, dandelions, spinach and parsley.

my piggie's fav is tomatoes! i'll give her a piece and when she is done, she's climbing the bars for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back