• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What's Your Guinea Pigs Favourite Vegetables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I would be too scared to feed celery as they can choke on it if not cut up small enough

You are quite right to be concerned - however if you slice the celery to create 4-5mm length chunks then it shouldn;t be a problem
x

Mine go mental for parsnip. Their little angry faces when they don't get it every day is hilarious (it's high in sugar so just a one or twice a week treat).

Babycorn! They adore it and always look a little disappointed when it isn't in their breakfast bowl. And they love their monthly dill treat!

Fudge likes peppers, and pak choi. Alby likes ANYTHING he can get his little chops around. :drool:

my girls go crazy for romaine lettuce, like bonkers insane, they eat it first no matter what I've put on top of it. but only the dark green leaves, they leave any middles or stalks.

I would say that cucumber is my piggies favourite veg, with carrot a close second.

Green beans...they always wheek the loudest when I bring those...also they literally nearly climb out when I start to put my hand in with a few of these. Haha

Popcorn made me laugh I gave him his nuggets he absolutely loves them and then he was looking and waiting looking lost waiting for his vegetables lol

Well since I've had popcorn ive noticed he doesn't like celery or red peppers not to bad on yellow peppers he loves baby gem lettuce and adores carrots and coriander and sweetcorn off the cob Can they eat kiwi fruit as a treat

I have 5 boys and they love most veggies :)N and lots of it :), but curly and flat parsley seems to get the loudest wheeeeks of all - so I have started growing several pots off myself and intend to put them in their outdoor living accommodation and runs this summer when they are moved to their summer residences :) I love to see there little piggy lips nomm nomming it so quickly :)

I brought popcorns weekly veg tonight which consists of red and green bell peppers carrots gem lettuce sugar snap peas Cucumber corn on the cobs and parsley also 4 organic kiwis and blueberries and I've also brought some fresher for longer they have been shown on tv they will.keep all of popcorns veg lovely and fresh for a long time

Last edited:
But I've also brought some of the fresher for longer bags for fruit and veg so even if popcorn has'nt finished all of it in a week the veg should keep fresh for up 2 weeks

My boys favourites were black kale, broccoli leaves and parsley from my mum's garden. For a treat they also used to get apple peelings from the granny Smith tree in my garden (under which they're now buried). I also gave them carrot peelings occasionally too and a couple of spinach leaves. They would gorge themselves on grass and dandelions at every chance too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back