• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Whee are a Tribe of ten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
What better way to celebrate one's birthday than in the company of a fellow piggy maniac (Sue G) watching one's newest, very shy piggy making itself at home with the Tribe in record time!

Caron managed to put about three day's worth of developments into as many hours - greetings, joint dinners, delaing with Llewelyn's determined attentions and a general explore of her new home. Her favourite was the big ramp which she couldn't get enough of! And when she was the only piggy left upstairs when the second lot of grass was served, she managed an impressive anguished couple of squeaks before remembering the ramp! The new girl did even have a little popcorn, much to the delight of Sue.

Here is a slideshow of what went on - I hadn't expected to get a nearly full set of piggy pics so quickly! Please click on the picture to start the slideshow.

By now, we are already well into the hierarchy sort out (if we are not dead to the world, that is! Caron is standing up well for herself, so I assume that she won't end up at the bottom.

Welcome to the Tribe, Caron!

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Looks like Caron is settling into Tribe life very well! Love the pic of her crashed out too :)

Nice to put faces to names too - the pic of you and Sue is lovely

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Fabulous!

I'm thrilled that things have gone so well. Photos are great. Love the one of Caron with her leg sticking out (and the pics of you and Sue). Looks like a great day all round. :)

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
More pigtures! More Pigtures! Wheek want more Pigtures!

I'm thrilled Wiebke, so glad she settled so quickly! x)

A beautiful addition to a gorgeous tribe x). xx

helen105281

Forum Donator 2017/18
Am really pleased she has settled in so well. Lovely pics and it looks like you had a wonderful day :)

Glynis

Forum Buddy
yayyyyyyyyyy i asked for you to get pics of you and Sue x)x)

OMG...........Caron you little ripper you've done sooooooooo well, it looks like you are totally part of the Tribe and soooooo at home x)

Loved all the slides, got a bit teary seeing them all together tho, it's just so lovely to see another little one become part of a family x)

Well done Wiebke and again HAPPY WHEEEEEKY BIRTHDAY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
it does make me want more pigs when I see how easy you make it look like to have 10....

Lovely pics...

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh that would be my perfect day - Piggie watching, and enjoying seeing the delights of a rescue piggie meeting her new friends x)

Happy Birthday to you, and welcome Caron

Maud

Aww what a beautiful piggie, I have never had any problems yet introducing new pigs to my group... my neighbour even brings hers over from across the street to play xx

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
I love how Caron is zonked out by the end of it. Bless her!

I'm so glad it all went well. I can't believe she seems to have settled so fast.
Hooray for Caron!

Sue G

Forum Donator 2017/18
I truly think it was about the best day I've ever had. Lovely as always to see Wiebke and hubby, and of course very special to share her birthday. But to see the way Caron changed from being a quiet little girlie on her own, to absolutely being one of the Tribe in almost minutes not even hours - well, I could have cried - as I said to Wiebke, tears of joy, not anything else. It was simply wonderful, I didn't want to leave, but everyone was tired, and it must've been particularly exhausting for Caron after such adventures. She is so beautiful and I even had a very short lap-cuddle before the introductions, though to be honest she probably didn't appreciate it much.

As I said, one of my best days ever ...............

I watched the photos through three times, lovely to see and lots of very happy body language. Very pleased for you, that must have been a brilliant birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.