• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

wheek wheek wheek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo01

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
what reason to guinea pigs wheek at i know they will to it for food or if excited humphry usually looks like he'll burst if you don't hurry up but they have been wheeking on and off for the last 3 hours since we left them into their play room they have food veg hay and water so what do they want?malletheadmallethead

lol maybe they're greedy and think they will get more hehe :))

thats okay then as long as they arent desperate for something and i cant understand them :)

When i put my Girls in the run..it sounds like i have a chicken coop :))

mine wheek everytime they hear the fridge regardless of whether its veggie time or not, especially Bea but thats cos she's greedy :))

Piggies wheek whenever they are on the move (in the wild, they are roaming grasslands where they can't see each other, so need to give a constant satus update by wheeking), excited, greedy, playing with their friends etc.

Youngsters are at their most vocal between about 1-6 months old because they are the most active but inexperienced members of the herd and therefore the ones at highest risk. You will find that they become much quieter once they reach full adulthood at about a year old.

PS: Why do you think my "baby" Telyn ended up with a name that means "harp" in Welsh? :))

Some of them are just 'wheekers'- my pig Sundae wheeks all the time. Sometimes she is begging for food (even if she has plenty, there's always room for carrots! LOL!) And sometimes I think she just wants us to know that she's there.

All of mine just mainly wheek for food or any hint that there could be food on the go. They can hear a bag rustling anywhere in the house, it's quite a talent lol

Well Oreo wheeks whenever because she loves to talk to me. Sometimes we have a really good conversation and I find that she is the most vocal when it's only me around her. It's cute but annoying after a while

My two boys wheek a lot, even they just ate lol means they want a treats, to
snuggle and a baby talk time too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back