• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wheeking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've not heard Simba 'wheek' at all since I've had him!
Is this normal? I wanna hear him :(

Its perfectly normal I think

Just like people, some piggers are noisier than others ;D

Opening the fridge for veggies used to get Billie wheeking but only softly. He did a loud wheek only 2 or 3 times in his life.

He'll soon start, and once he does there'll be no stopping him ;D

I hope so! Maybe if I wave a carrot around by him he might start ;D

He probably will once he's settled in. Saying that Fudge is really vocal, sounds like I've got a massive parrot squawking away sometimes but H&H don't make hardly any sounds at all. Suppose Simba could be the strong silent type ;D

I'm sure once he's settled he'll start.

Mine wheek at the sound of the door opening, bags rustling - anything that makes them think food really. Simba will soon learn what means food and then you'll never shut him up ;) :D

Mine didn,t make a sound for about two weeks when i first got them.Now they wheek all the time when food is about :)

The piggies have me in hysterics when I go in the shed and they all kick off expecting food,the G-Pig choir can be heard from inside our house even with the windows shut

You should hear mine, especially Rocky, when I rustle plastic bags or open the fridge door. Having said that none of them did it for their first few weeks, until they recognised the sounds and felt confident.

Plese don'y worry about Simba - he's only a baby and needs to settle in and gain confidence x

I think it's great when they all get going, is it just me or do other people start talking to them in a high voice, it's like your trying to talk to them in the same pitch :o ;D

crazy cavies said:
I think it's great when they all get going, is it just me or do other people start talking to them in a high voice, it's like your trying to talk to them in the same pitch :o ;D

nope its not just you,I do it too and talk reallllly stupid to them,now I know I'm goin nuts :D

He ran round squeaking last night to keep me awake...still no WHEEK yet though! haha

I love it when they do the little half hearted wheek like a whisper wheek and yes I do wheek back higher and higher as they do it with 16 in each shed it gets quite mad neighbours already think i'm a crazy lady ,so who cares

Maybe if you got him a friend he would
When i got crunchie i put her in with two others but she attacked them so she was on her own for 2 weeks she didnt make any noise untill i got chuckie then as soon as they met she started wheeking!

Yeah the plan is to get him 'done' in January, get a larger cage and get him a female friend!
I'm paid monthly and December is a no-go to get it done due to Christmas!
But first thing in Jan the plans will start rolling 8)

Awwwwwww hes just been making that talking noise and he squeaked SO loud then dived into his hay basket ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

My Snowy I think was deaf so she didn't respond to things like rustling bags but when she saw Jack getting excited she would begin to wheek for her food too. She had a different voice to Jack's too - I could tell them apart ;)

Aww bless, last night he got very excited! He watched me put his bowl of veg in his cage, then I bent down to sort the rats out (Simbas cage is on top of 1 of their cages) and he started wheeking REALLY loudly while eating his veg!
Was so cute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back