• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

‘wheekly’ check time!

Piggies&buns

Staff member
Reaction score
Just been out to do the wheek-ly checks on the boys.
Did the usual ushering them into the pet carrier and then putting them in another box on the scales. I then did the other health checks and a nail clip. Followed by, and this is where is really gets exciting, a cuddle with both of them! Nobody screamed they were being murdered, nobody struggled to get away, nobody fussed at all! In fact, Popcorn (Mr I’m Too Scared To Even Be Looked At), nestled his head under my hand, climbed up onto my shoulder and snuggled under my chin. He has NEVER done that before!
Mr Dexter weighing 1.16kg
Mr Popcorn, 1.35kg
I’m so happy now 😊

Just been out to do the wheek-ly checks on the boys.
Did the usual ushering them into the pet carrier and then putting them in another box on the scales. I then did the other health checks and a nail clip. Followed by, and this is where is really gets exciting, a cuddle with both of them! Nobody screamed they were being murdered, nobody struggled to get away, nobody fussed at all! In fact, Popcorn (Mr I’m Too Scared To Even Be Looked At), nestled his head under my hand, climbed up onto my shoulder and snuggled under my chin. He has NEVER done that before!
Mr Dexter weighing 1.16kg
Mr Popcorn, 1.35kg
I’m so happy now 😊
Sounds like they are really healthy!

They are both doing well.
It’s the fact that they don’t normally like being handled but today they didn’t mind. They must have finally accepted that after 16 months of being with me that I won’t being going away so decided embracing the love was best!
My Ernie doesn't mind being handled, but Bert is very nervous. They both like stroking and belly rubbing in their play-pen, but I try not to force handling them. I had them both on my lap the other day and they were okay, but not 100% use to it

You’ve had your two for such a short amount of time, they will come round eventually.
I’m the same, I don’t force handling them. They get offered my hand at each time I see them, but I don’t force it. The only time they have to accept being handled is at weekly checks which are usually a quick but careful affair while they scream at me, but today was totally different!

Yay! Well done. One of my boys Frankie hates being handled. Had him for a month. You’ve given me hope. Sat talking softly to him for hours. Takes food from my hand when he’s in his cage with Lenny but blimey poor little man panics so when I pick him up

Yay! Well done. One of my boys Frankie hates being handled. Had him for a month. You’ve given me hope. Sat talking softly to him for hours. Takes food from my hand when he’s in his cage with Lenny but blimey poor little man panics so when I pick him up
Pop him in a fleece tunnel on your lap, that may help x

Back