wheels on a hutch?

Yusuf

New Born Pup
Reaction score
this may be a stupid question, but I have a single storey hutch for my guinea pigs that has a playpen attached to it, that I would like to make a bit more mobile if possible, I was wondering if I got some heavy duty castors (with locks of course) that I can attach them to the bottom of the legs so that i can move it around easier, for example when it comes to cleaning or even moving the hutch to a cooler/warmer room in summer/winter?

please tell me if the idea is ridiculous

thanks

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound ridiculous to me. My emergency hutches (for rescues) came from a pet boarding establishment and have lockable wheels/ casters on the bottom to be able to manoeuvre them around.

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Back on the days when I had a double storey hutch, I made a dolly which slotted in place. Your idea sounds good, you could chop a bit off the legs if you don’t want to gain anymore height once the wheels are fitted. Just a thought ;)

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it sounds like a good idea too.
Slightly different but when we had a C&C under our table with another C&C on top we put casters underneath an old table top and put the C&C on that so we could wheel it out from under the table easily. It worked really well and made cleaning so much easier.