• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

When can I add the boys?

Wheeky_pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got 2 boats nutuered on the 13 of Jan this year to go in with my girls (I have two cages, with 5 girls in each). I’ve read up and it says we need to wait 6 weeks before putting them together.
Their 6 weeks are up in the 24th of Feb but I wondered if it would be okay to put the boys in on the 22nd? Or if I should wait until the 24th?

thank you for your help.

I got 2 boats nutuered on the 13 of Jan this year to go in with my girls (I have two cages, with 5 girls in each). I’ve read up and it says we need to wait 6 weeks before putting them together.
Their 6 weeks are up in the 24th of Feb but I wondered if it would be okay to put the boys in on the 22nd? Or if I should wait until the 24th?

thank you for your help.
Definitely wait till the full 6 weeks is up, as there would be the potential for a huge number of babies and all your best made plans turn sour x

After waiting so long I just wouldn't risk an early introduction and would give it the full 6 weeks.

And if it's to do it on the weekend I'd wait till the following weekend so you have a good spread of time to do the bonding 👍

Back