• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

When is the right time to neuter a boar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have gone through all the stickies, but could not find one on what age or weight is suitable to have a boar neutered.
My vet said to wait untill he is over 1kg, is that correct?
It seems a bit too much to me, as I have 2 boars, one is one year old, and weighs 950g and Toffee whom I want to have neutered is 4-5 months old and weighs 780g. Is he too small?

Neutering can be done from 600g by an experienced vet. Are the boys going to have wives? If you intend the boys to live together, neutering will not make any difference to their personalities. They will either like each other or they won't, with or without their bits.

HTH

Suzy x

Thank you,
Yes, they are getting wives. I currently have 2 boys (housed together) and a girl, alone. I want to neuter the boars and get another girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back