• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

When To Give Floor Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazz1n

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I got my two girly piggies on Tuesday. Since then they have been getting used to their cage but their still pretty skittish. I know that they will need floor time but when is the best time to offer this? I don't know if their still too nervous and I don't want to freak them out and make their settling in period longer.
Also when I do get them out for floor time how long would you recommend at first?

Hi and welcome! When I first got my two I think it was a week or two before I introduced floortime, like you say it's best to let them settle into their new environment first. I'd say about 45 minutes is a good time to start with. That's what I did anyway! Make sure there's plenty of hidey places for them, and don't be too disheartened if they don't venture out much at first! Scattering veg around may help to encourage them to explore - but it all depends on your piggies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back