• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where did you get your Guinea Pigs from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first piggie 'Eric' was dumped in a cardboard box on the doorstep of the vets I was working in at the time-he was very ill and I fell in love with him straight away.x)
Piggie no.2 'Ole'- came via work also- a 'stray' guinea was brought in and turned out to be a very pregnant little lady-she had 2 babies the next day -boy & girl,so I took the boy home, mum and sis went home with another nurse.
'Ronnie and Teddy' I got from a rescue in Lymm which I think has now shut down and last but not least 'Sparky' was another stray piggie brought into work by an RSPCA collection officer so I took him home also :<>

My first ever guinea pig, Connie came from a family who's kids had lost interest in her.

Eliza came from Pets at home as a companion for Connie. I didn't realise there were so many rescue's at the time. Although I wouldn't buy from a pet shop again, I wouldn't change Eliza for the world.

Eleanor came from Sokel up in Gretna and she came to me via a piggy train. Helen (hels) was fantastic and helped me choose the right pig for both me and Eliza.

Erin was born in rescue and she came to me as a baby from Jane (nutmeg). She fosters for Sokel/Becklen.

Ena was also born in rescue and she came to me from Small paws rescue in Manchester. Suzanne (Logiebear) is also a member on here as is Jane and Helen.

I would definitely advise you to contact a rescue as they are so helpful and will help you to choose the right guinea pigs for your own needs and circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back