• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where did you place you cage?

Taegijoon

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to know where you guys have your cages at? For my boyfriend and I , we have the girl's cage in our room. I ask because recently his roommate moved out and that room is huge! I was thinking of converting it to a piggie room lol! Only thing is, I like have our girls right there in our room and being able to see them easily. Just wanted to know for people who keep their cages in a completely different room of their own, how do you deal with not constantly having supervision of your piggies? Like what is your routine on checking in and what not. Thanks so much! any advice would really help make us come to a decision!

Mine are in our ‘spare’ bedroom. Due to my boyfriend’s allergies they can’t be in the rest of the house full time (they come downstairs at weekends)
I’m used to outside pigs so the spare room is a luxury!

My regular check-in times are pre-work morning am, as soon as I get home from work, and before bedtime. But I’ll pop in if I’m upstairs and I hear them shout or if I need something in the room I’ll give them some forage.

All of my animals are in the living room because I like them used to us, it's the hottest room in winter and the coolest in summer

Ours are in the sitting room so we see them throughout the day, but the first thing I do when I wake up and come home is go a say hello piggies and I say goodnight last thing. Would the big spare room give them a floor time space?

Mine are in a hutch in the garage and run time every other day. I'm always in and out of the garage during the day. The first thing I do in the morning is go and say hello to them, put whichever pair who's turn it is in the run and give them Breakfast, then as it's getting dark, I pop the 2 in the run back on the hutch and give them dinner.

My piggies are in the living room. They are also free roaming during the day so they actually own the whole room. We only live in a 2 bedroom bungalow so the piggies are not really on their own and are used to all the noise, whether it's the tv or just me shouting while watching a football match. 😂😂

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to know where you guys have your cages at? For my boyfriend and I , we have the girl's cage in our room. I ask because recently his roommate moved out and that room is huge! I was thinking of converting it to a piggie room lol! Only thing is, I like have our girls right there in our room and being able to see them easily. Just wanted to know for people who keep their cages in a completely different room of their own, how do you deal with not constantly having supervision of your piggies? Like what is your routine on checking in and what not. Thanks so much! any advice would really help make us come to a decision!
We have a pair in the living room, then the main herd of 6 have their own room in what would be the dining room if I hadnt got rid of all the hooman furniture to accomodate a 26+sqft piggy cage :) the house is pretty open plan and I can always hear what they are up to they can hear me open the fridge and wheek for veg!

Ours are in the living room... so we can see them all the time and they can hear us all the time too!

Mine are in the pet room downstairs (used to be the dining room). I spend time in there daily and love the peaceful atmosphere, love the whistle fests too ofcourse!

Ours are in the sitting room, our house is open plan so they are in the main part that we walk past a lot. They get pellets for breakfast (and more hay if needed) then are alone all day when we are at work/school. They get veggies in the afternoon when we return. They start to wheek as soon as we open the front door! I also do a spot clean of the cage and top up hay in the evening.

Back