Where do you get your hay?

DoragonHinansho

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
I'm super excited as I'm about to welcome a couple of little ones!

I'm just not sure where to get my hay from - I'm based in Greater Manchester, so any suggestions would please be fantastic! I remember there was a website which was great for tester hay and the price was great, I just can't remember where that was!

Many thanks!

daveclark79

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I get meadow hay from dustfreehay.co.uk and my Timothy hay from nature's own. Both good quality at good prices.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used hay and straw when I've not been organised enough to collect any but now I go to a local plant nursery and pick up a bale for £7.50

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I get all my piggy supplies from Amazon on their subscribe and save deal, we get pillow wad meadow hay and science selective timothy hay delivered automatically every month along with kaytee paper bedding and science selective grain free pellets.

AutumnThePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I get all my piggy supplies from Amazon on their subscribe and save deal, we get pillow wad meadow hay and science selective timothy hay delivered automatically every month along with kaytee paper bedding and science selective grain free pellets.
I use Kaytee paper bedding for the litter box also :)

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I also buy our hay from hay-and-straw.co.uk. They do Ings hay, a rye and Timothy mix or meadow hay. 9kg is £18 and delivery is free. It is always lovely quality.

DoragonHinansho

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!
I’m so excited to have little piggies again! All I got to do is play the really fun game of; “despite being 22 and living alone my parents can not absolutely find out so whenever they visit from Bristol I need to shove them in a friend’s apartment.com”

LaurenS

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I get mines from naturesown website its the sweet green hay. It is really green and my pigs seem to like it. Its £4.99 for i think a 3.5kg bag. Although you have to spend over £19.95 to get free delivery so i just stock up and buy 4 bags at once.

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I buy hay from b and m , the range, pets at home ( alfalfa king timothy only) , kennelgate, petscorner, and my local farm shop

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!
I’m so excited to have little piggies again! All I got to do is play the really fun game of; “despite being 22 and living alone my parents can not absolutely find out so whenever they visit from Bristol I need to shove them in a friend’s apartment.com”
Really? Surely if you are 22, live in your own place then it's up to you and not them?

Seven7

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I get Oxbow hay shipped to my house, and I also get Oxbow hay from the pet stores when they go on sale. So, I buy both from the pet stores and Oxbow hay shipped to my house. I have never run out of hay in the past for my Finn and Lara.

Most recent shipment of Oxbow hay and some chew toys that came in by mail. It is just over 10kg, at 2.55kg each bag.
IMG_4645.JPG

Below are big bags of hay store bought for sale when I visited the pet stores. These are long gone. Finn and Lara finished these bags already and currently, they are working on the Oxbow hay shown above.
IMG_4651.JPG