• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Where Do You Keep Your Indoor Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinaG

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine are currently in the hallway, no drafts and seems to be the right balance between contact with us (they can see me in the kitchen and wheek every time I go near the fridge!) and not too much noise. I just wondered where everyone else kept their indoor pigs and what size their cage is?

In the dining room which is pretty much open plan with the kitchen so they can see, hear and smell me preparing food and wheek wheek wheek everytime i open the fridge or pantry even though theres no food for them in the pantry. Its the only room in the house that I can keep them cool and have the space.

Mine are in my rodent room, which also has my multis and fancy mice in. I live alone so there's no house bustle that they're apart from, and I spend a lot of time in there too.

One lot in the hall way and one lot in the sitting room for me, hallway is the best I think but not enough room for an 8x4 XD

Mine are in my rodent room, which also has my multis and fancy mice in. I live alone so there's no house bustle that they're apart from, and I spend a lot of time in there too.
Oops forgot to say cage size. Mine have a 4x2 for now, but they'll be getting an extension later in the year (basically once I no longer have my multi group and there's more space).

I've only got a 2x4 but no room in the lounge so they are in the play/dining room. They are by the door so we see them every time we go past. We bring them in the lounge for lap time most days and/run time in a bigger temporary pen.

My girls have their own room, but they share it with 4 gerbils, a hamster and 4 snails. They take up most of the space though :)

My 4 are in a 6x2, two-storey c&c and it's in the conservatory. However, it's not a 'normal' conservatory is open to the house and just forms part of an L-shaped kitchen. So they're effectively in the kitchen where we spend most of our time and have a clear view of the fridge!!

My 3 are living in the spare room / office in a 4x2 double tier ferplast cage.

I am home during the day most days and spend a lot of time in their room so they get plenty of interaction.

They can also hear the fridge door opening and wheek as soon as we come in to the house

Our girls are in a 2x4 C and C and live in the room next to the kitchen which supposedly is our dining room but is actually the kids' play/craft room. My daughter spends a lot of time in there and as they are her piggies it works well. They are by the door so there are always people going past and they are conveniently next to the kitchen and can hear the fridge door opening! Our house is quite noisy and they are in the middle of all that but we can shut the door if needed like on Monday when my daughter had her birthday party and I didn't want 6 screaming girls in that room scaring the pigs!

My 4 have taken over the loungeroom. They sit beside me and my partner as it's open plan kitchen, dining and living. They have an 8x2 c&c in an L shape. This will all change when we move in 2 weeks though!

All 14 of mine are in the front room.

We have 9 girls in a large 170x122cm homemade enclosure and the 5 boys have a smaller temporary enclosure.
Boys will eventually be going into a bigger enclosure I plan to build but are OK for the moment as all are still quite small

image.png

image.png

The 5x2 C&C cage of the girls is in the back room along with a single Syrian hamster. Snowy's cage is in the bedroom as he is in quarantine due to ringworm.

My boys are in a 4x2 C&C at the moment (upgrading to a 6x2 in Feb or March, depending on how much I can save up) and are in the living room. They are next to the armchair I sit in, it's quite good for bonding but the hay all over my living room drives me crazy!

My two rescue sows will be going into the dining room, where the fridge lives!

They will be in an indoor cage which measures 150 by 70cm. It is a nice strong cage. I will also be getting a baby gate for the door way so that my two (lovely) dogs cant get in there.

I will be giving them regular lap time in he sitting room once they settle in and floor time in the dining room using those storage cube things, fake c and c grids as a run.

Mine live under the stairs, which is open to the kitchen. We leave the living room door open so we can watch them from the sofa. We have to walk past them whenever we leave the living room, so they are use to use coming and going. I spend a fair bit of time sat next to the cage on a little stool watching them. They are so fascinating to watch.

This is fascinating thank you, I'm loving how highly within view of the fridge features! Roclibrarian what size cage do you have? Mine are under the stairs too and I'm trying to expand the footprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back