• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Where to get a clicker for guinea pigs?

FiaFlora

Junior Guinea Pig
I’m interested in clicker training my guinea pigs to teach them tricks. The problem is I don’t want a clicker that is too loud that it will scare them. Do you guys have any suggestions for clickers that I could buy online for them?

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2017/18
I’ve never heard of anyone using a clicker. It is possible to train using a specific sound your self.

Hetja

Junior Guinea Pig
I use a cat/dog clicker. There are even soft clickers available, their sound should be less loud. But a normal clicker is fine as well.

I suggest to first just click several times without reason until they ignore it and then click and give food. When the connect the clicker with the food you can start teaching them tricks.

Veggies Galore

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2017/18
I’m interested in clicker training my guinea pigs to teach them tricks. The problem is I don’t want a clicker that is too loud that it will scare them. Do you guys have any suggestions for clickers that I could buy online for them?
I use a cat/dog clicker. There are even soft clickers available, their sound should be less loud. But a normal clicker is fine as well.

I suggest to first just click several times without reason until they ignore it and then click and give food. When the connect the clicker with the food you can start teaching them tricks.

I wouldn't advise using a clicker.
I wouldn't advise trying to train a Guinea Pig full stop.