• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

where to put the hay rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 3 off zooplus - wasnt sure how big they were or how much hay my girls will eat so rather have the front full with hay racks than not enough hay :))

Now do I put them inside the door of the hutch or outside the door? I really dont know what position is best :red.

All my farm animals had hay racks inside the pens so they had axcess to everybit of hay they wanted, but is there a chance of hay in their eyes so then it would or should hang outside - plus if it rains then inside it would stay dry rather than outside where it would risk getting wet.

See I really dont know @)

I find my pigs don't really like hayracks, infact they pull every strand out or actually pull the hay rack off, so now. It's all in there hay tray!

I find my pigs don't really like hayracks, infact they pull every strand out or actually pull the hay rack off, so now. It's all in there hay tray!

lol that would create a whole different problem if they do. I dont know if they will or not, but thought hay racks would be handy to have about

I have one hay rack. I have to pull the hay through for my piggies and then they trim it like topiary and wait for me to pull it though again. rolleyes

my hay rack is ALWAYS empty because the little monkeys just pull it out pee and poo on it then snuggle in it! :)>>> On my cage the rack is on the outside.

With my previous pigs i had a c&c grid bent into a *** shape and cable tied to the side of the cage, but i always used to find one of them (pepper) would crawl up into it and fall asleep rolleyes until his butt got way too big and he couldnt!

To make sure they have enough to chomp i fill things with it, like loo roll holder, hay ball and i have just started screwing up sheets of newspaper and stuffing some in the middle.....they LOVE it!

My piggies do not eat the hay in the hay rack, they want it on the ground, so they can run through it, and hide in it, and munch on it as they hide in the grass

I could have wasted my time getting one then :o (well 3). I had thought of putting one upstairs, one downstairs and one on the run (when I get it). I will put one inside and see if they take the hay from it first. I can use shoeboxes and toilet rolls to give them hay if they dont like it. I really dont know what they like or what they do in these situations as they are not here yet so its a bit of wait and see

Mine definitely eat more when the hay is on the ground in a pile, which is better for them, so I just fill their houses with hay so they can sleep in it and eat it and scatter hay around the cages so they can run around and go mad and so that they'll always have a fresh bit if they pee on one bit.

I use the hay racks fort putting grass and lettuce in now instead :)

Oh and I'd put them inside so it doesn't get wet :) but the ones I put outside with veggies or grass, I don't mind if they get wet (and the veggies don't last long anyway!)

my hay rack is ALWAYS empty because the little monkeys just pull it out pee and poo on it then snuggle in it! :)>>> On my cage the rack is on the outside.

With my previous pigs i had a c&c grid bent into a *** shape and cable tied to the side of the cage, but i always used to find one of them (pepper) would crawl up into it and fall asleep rolleyes until his butt got way too big and he couldnt!

To make sure they have enough to chomp i fill things with it, like loo roll holder, hay ball and i have just started screwing up sheets of newspaper and stuffing some in the middle.....they LOVE it!

I thought mine were just extra cheeky! They do this, too! Little devils, I give them fresh hay, and then they go and pull it all into the hayrack and pee and poop all over it...and then I find them sleeping in there!? I always tell them off when I see them "Oh no! You'll end up stinky again!", and they usually lift their heads, look at me, and then go back to sleep...rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back