• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Which Hay, that you can buy in U.K. shops is the best for guinea pigs to eat?

Karlz79

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Which Hay, that you can buy in the shops u.k, is best for Guinea pigs to eat pls? Thanku so much

Any grass hay is absolutely fine - meadow or Timothy are the most common types to be routinely fed. Either is absolutely fine

Mine get meadow hay mostly.
I order 10kg a month on subscription from HayBox.
I vary it with other hays I buy from PAH or a local animal feed store

I get my hay from the local farm shop. I just picked up a bale yesterday (£6 for a field bale) and it looks lovely stuff and smells like honey. My piggies are going to love it!

I buy small bales of meadow hay from pets at home.
Has anyone else noticed if their usual supply is looking greener than normal in the past few weeks?
Could it be due to the season changing? Different supplier? Covid related? Fertiliser from the Incredible Hulk?

I get meadow hay from Haybox too! But I buy Oxbow for orchard hay and timothy hay. My piggies love them, oh and because they're spoiled. 🙄😁

My nearest Notcutts does meadow hay which seems to be their favourite. I recently ordered from Haybox again but they don't seem as keen on it though it's beautifully fresh and green!

Back