• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Which type of piggie do you have?

Piggies approach to demanding food

• Total voters

Sweet Potato

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This photo beautifully summarises the difference between my two boys. Do your piggies take the passive spud approach of giving you 'the look' until you give in to an overwhelming guilt. Or the more aggressive Gundham approach of bar chewing and climbing the bars until you sacrifice your precious pellets or fear the consequences.

20210201_084040.jpg

P.s both work I can't resist either.

We have one of each! Pepper always up at the front jumping up and Pringle hangs back with a cute look on his face teeth chattering!

Posh and Ginger will wheek and stand up at the bars looking gorgeous and starved - guilt
Little Hector will bite the bars till he has your attention then run around wheeking, he is very demanding and determined - fear, just won’t get any peace until I give in

All three of my girls are different! Doris wheeks on occasion but her speciality is climbing the bars no doubt! Mabel just gives me THAT look if you know what i mean😂. And baby Olive wheeks at the top of her lungs the minute she hears the backdoor open!

If they are in the hutch, Betsy teeth chatters and bites the bars, Patsy gives me the "I'm starving" look then shrieks (she has only just started to do this :) ) and Meg either licks the bars or shrieks. All three of them patrol up and down popcorning their little popcorns. If they are in the run they come running up to the bars and mainly guilt me into giving them food by looking cute and starving as if they never get fed! If they hear a bag rustle they all sound as if they are being murdered! 😂

Back