• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Whimpering guinea pig?

Good. How is she? Have you been weighing every day at the same time?
Sorry for ignoring a few of your previous questions, I was skimming the replies and I missed a few.
Unfortunately, the scale we have been using is quite old and my parents and I are planning on getting a new one. Its not as accurate as before so we are pretty sure if the results we've been getting aren't reasonable. (the last time we weighed her, the scale said she was 4 pounds.)
Also, About the amount of pellets I give: She doesn't eat the entire bowl everyday (she finishes about a forth of it) but I'll regulate the quantity of her food now. thanks for letting me know!

She should only be eating a tablespoon of pellets a day, no more. They’re the junk food of the piggy world and most contain fillers which aren’t part of their diet. They’re also high in calcium (more than high calcium veg).

Please get proper working scales as soon as possible. It’s important to get an accurate picture of what her weight is doing as part of lifelong health monitoring, not just when they’re ill.

Will you be able to get her a friend yet?

She should only be eating a tablespoon of pellets a day, no more. They’re the junk food of the piggy world and most contain fillers which aren’t part of their diet. They’re also high in calcium (more than high calcium veg).

Please get proper working scales as soon as possible. It’s important to get an accurate picture of what her weight is doing as part of lifelong health monitoring, not just when they’re ill.

Will you be able to get her a friend yet?
My parents said that they'll get her a piggie friend in the summer, I've negotiated with them for months and this is the agreement we settled on. Hopefully Covid-19 will disappear earlier though, since that's the main reason they are hesitant to take Peanut to the vet and getting her a friend.

Unfortunately COVID may not be over For a while yet. If she needs vet care in the intervening time then that’s what she should be given.

Let us know how it goes at the vets.

All the best tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Back