• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White discharge?

furmom.pau

New Born Pup
Reaction score
This evening i peeked in my their hay area where the pee pads are located and i noticed i white discharge it's the first time I'm seeing this. Should i be worried? IMG_20201105_185351.jpgIMG_20201105_185342.jpg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am very sorry, but if you start a new thread on an ongoing issue, then please you need to add some background information AGAIN. You can always pick up your old thread via the the Find Threads/Your Threads function by the top bar, in order to allow us to refer back and see what we have already said and recommended, which we would prefer. OR you have to restart the whole process and likely get the same likely guesses all over again because we cannot take the information any further.

Please respect that we jump between lots of different threads every day on top of our day job, our own piggies and families; and that after a few years of doing this you are no long able to remember everything that is some days, weeks or even months backs. We are not paid by the forum; we are doing this for free in whatever free time we have.

Can you please tell us whether you have boars or sows, first and foremost. Sorry, but I simply can't remember. Not being able sleep well at the moment means that my short term memory is impacted again.

furmom.pau

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Sorry for this. I have 2 sows both around 7-8 months old according to the shelter. It's my first time seeing this while I was cleaning. Their pees are clear to cloudy and oxidizes as very light brown. They also drink a lot of water (approx 325 ml per day)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I would have their reproductive system checked. Mucus coming from there could be serious.
How old are your sows?

furmom.pau

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I would have their reproductive system checked. Mucus coming from there could be serious.
How old are your sows?
The shelter said that they're about 7-8 mos old now. I was searching thru forums and it could be a possible mucus plug? I'll observe for a few more days too

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
The shelter said that they're about 7-8 mos old now. I was searching thru forums and it could be a possible mucus plug? I'll observe for a few more days too
You don't usually seem but as yours are too young for ovarian cysts, it may be that you have a sow with excessive plugs.

furmom.pau

New Born Pup
Reaction score
You don't usually seem but as yours are too young for ovarian cysts, it may be that you have a sow with excessive plugs.
Are there references on what discharge looks like when a sow has ovarian cysts? Color? Consistency?

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there references on what discharge looks like when a sow has ovarian cysts? Color? Consistency?
No; they are episodal and look very different. Ovarian cysts usually don't make an appearance until about 18 months at the earliest. The occasional cancerous once that can produce mucus won't appear until an even older age once sows are past the peak of their lives. They are most certainly NOT a problem at this young age. You have got teenagers; adulthood won't start until ca. 15 months.