• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White Patch On Ear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrybelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Frankie.jpg Can anyone else see a white patch on Frankie's ear? The photo is taken with a flash so the colours are accentuated. I'm not sure if it just looks worse to me because I've spent the past 10 minutes starring at it trying to figure out if it's always been there, or if I should be concerned!

I would keep an eye on it in the next few days to see whether you get flaky or crusty skin. If it stays the same without any sign of problem, then it could be just a discoloration.

As Wiebke says Cath, keep a close on on it for any sign of flaky skin starting

Thanks, both. I've had another look today and I still can't be 100% certain. The skin feel thicker where that patch is. It looks perhaps a little dry, but I think it may actually just be dry skin. I've booked an appointment at the vet tomorrow to err on the side of caution. I'd rather be in the vets for 2 minutes for them to tell me it's nothing, than to ignore it and end up having to treat all my boys for fungal, especially with Christmas coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back