• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

White spot on eyes

Nooberdog

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Good day! I am posting this because I have a question about my Mike’s eyes. For the past few months I have noticed a little white spot in one of his eyes. Didn’t really think anything of it. Today while I had Mike out for lap time I noticed his other eye now has a slightly larger white spot too. Is this anything I should be concerned about? It’s not dirt or anything like that, it’s IN his eye!

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day! I am posting this because I have a question about my Mike’s eyes. For the past few months I have noticed a little white spot in one of his eyes. Didn’t really think anything of it. Today while I had Mike out for lap time I noticed his other eye now has a slightly larger white spot too. Is this anything I should be concerned about? It’s not dirt or anything like that, it’s IN his eye!
Hi!

It looks like osseous choristoma to me. That bone tissue replacing other tissue. It does occasionally happen, especially as piggies get older. The more common variant is osseous metaplasia, in which case a jagged white ring of bony tissue forms around the eye and narrows the field of sight somewhat.
Guinea Lynx :: Eyes

There is nothing that can be done but please accept that I am operating without hands-on access to your piggy and just going by a guess from your not all too obvious picture, so please see a vet for a proper diagnosis if in any doubt.

Nooberdog

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!

It looks like osseous choristoma to me. That bone tissue replacing other tissue. It does occasionally happen, especially as piggies get older. The more common variant is osseous metaplasia, in which case a jagged white ring of bony tissue forms around the eye and narrows the field of sight somewhat.
Guinea Lynx :: Eyes

There is nothing that can be done but please accept that I am operating without hands-on access to your piggy and just going by a guess from your not all too obvious picture, so please see a vet for a proper diagnosis if in any doubt.
Thank you for your swift reply! I will look more into those eye conditions you listed. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all, but next time I bring him to the vet I’ll ask about it :tu: