• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

white substance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi people

i have just noticed in craigs cage a white patch on his fleece, i felt it and it was sludgy and thick. I didnt think it was glue cus iv seen big balls of glue before.

Does anyone know what it is, is it a sign of too much calcium in the diet? If so has anyone any tips.

Thanks

It sounds like fresh piggy pee to me as even though our piggies fleeces are washed every two days some have white patches still on them not sure if it is to do with colour of the fleece showing it up more than others

or it could be boar juice?

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. It is a sign of too much calcium, so I tend to swap one of the high calcium foods for a lower calcium one. I also found these patches appear when I don't filter my pigs water...for the past ~two years I've been filtering my pigs water and the calcium patches reduced very notably.

A water filter jug, I use Brita but cheaper alternatives should do just as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back