Who is your Chief Wheeker?

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Before we sadly lost Velvet just over 2 weeks ago, Meg used to be Chief Wheeker, quickly followed by Christian. It sounded like mass murder was being committed at veg time. 🗡 Then when Velvet was helped over the Rainbow Bridge, all was eerily quiet:shh: for a week or so, then the "boing, boings" of excited piggies and now The Ever Beautiful Betsy has taken over as Chief Wheeker! Who knew that would happen? I never expected her to take over from Meg! Christian and Meg now get very excited still and boing boingy but they don't scream the place down anymore:( I wonder if they ever will again?:hmm:I do miss the mass murder noises at veg time.

PerceptorII

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oti can get excitable at salad feeding time. But Dobbins (my two-sided white, black and cream piggie) is the one I find sitting at the very edge of his pen, looking at me expectantly in the morning. And he's the one who takes the role of, "Oh, did you just make a noise? Let me sing for you the song of my people, loudly and proudly!"

Siikibam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The girls carry the wheeking torch, ever since they joined us. Funnily enough, the boys weren’t really wheekers until the girls arrived. Now the dominant one will wheek along with them. The other boy...don’t know if I’ve heard him wheek. Maybe scream blue murder when I’m picking him up 🙄

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Aw its sad they've lost their wheek a bit since you lost Velvet, it must take a while for them to adjust!
Tallulah-oollah-woollah is our chief wheeker, she wheeks like a fire alarm on behalf of 2 herds in 2 different rooms, in fact the main herd rarely bother wheeking since Tallulah arrived as she will be the first to alert everyone in the street if there is a faint possibility of vegetables... or even if it is 3am and there is no possibility of food but she'd quite like some, everypig and every previously sleeping hooman gets to hear about it!

Sophie B

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I really can’t work out who is boss with my boys, they both push each other around, and they definitely both put each other in their place 😂
They’re generally very peaceful, so overall I’m just not sure
But Smokey is the one who wheeks all the time, he just doesn’t stop! 😂

Last edited:

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dot is the chief at shouting for grass, all it takes is the front door to open or close, and then you're in for a right racket.

Bernie is the chief at moaning at Dot when she disturbes his sleeping or something he's doing

Dot is also the chief veg begger and shouter in the mornings, she is the first one on the look out, making sure her head is as high as possible, Bernie just runs the wrong way, every morning, when I put veg in his set place in the cage. I swear he can't see properly, or he's just dopey lol

Nassala

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think my Meggy is the chief wheeker, but for ages, when I got home from work, just as I closed the door and dumped my bag on the stairs I would hear a single loud shriek of excitement. By the time I'd get upstairs and open the door to their room they would all be squeaking softly. I could never work out who it was. For the first time last week, when I picked up the peaflakes at a different time from their usual treat I heard the same single loud shriek from Sherbet - my quietest pig. So I have a chief wheeker and a chief shrieker!

Eriathwen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Until recently it was Daisy.. or Panda. But now? Since Hazel has learned wheeking brings food she really goes for it. I need to record her at some point. She's one of those piggies who amplifies her wheeks by flapping her ears and it's so adorable 😂
Problem is she still hasn't quite learned when meal times are so she'll start wheeking at the slightest sound and set the other 12 off! It's been a noisy few weeks here haha