• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

WHOOP WHOOP for Marigold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisajazz

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Marigold is a true fighter. She came here starving because her teeth / mouth had problems. She was 7 1/2 months and weighed in at 440g.

I took her to a teeth expert up north who said her teeth were only a 2 out of 10 in terms of problems and that he believed she had other things going on due to inbreeding. She has been bred to be a show pig, to have a flat nose and nice shaped ears. Only her jaw is too short which has resulted in other issues. Her front top incisors are banana shaped and they don't quite meet each other (the tops) and because of the shortened jaw her teeth sit the wrong way around preventing proper grinding up of food. So she had the top ones cut too short to allow them to possibly grow back in the right way.

I also took her to the vets as she has a constant runny nose and a gurgling tummy. The vet also said it looked like her breeding had caused a number of problems and that she could only have them managed. She can't digest food right maybe because it's in too big pieces as she can't shew it but also maybe because of other internal issues. So Marigold is a sponsor pig for the rescue.
Anyway since being here I have chopped her veggies very small, she gets semi-crushed pellets, bran, oats and syringed twice a day with critical care and vitamin c.
It's been slow going, her weight has been up and down but she's made 600g and I am so pleased! I know it's still small but it's a vast improvement on what she was when she arrived. I am over the moon for her!

Here she is (excuse the crusty on the nose, things stick to her runny nose - I need a better photo!)

marigold2.jpg

Awww she's gorgeous!

So glad she's gaining weight, I hope her problems can be managed and she soon becomes a healthy little girl. :)

I was just looking at Marigold on your site this morning x) She's such a sweetie pie x) I'm going to ask someone to get me sponsorship for her as a Crimbo pressie:)):))

It's great she's put on some weight, she must be so pleased to have come to you:))

What a poor girl. I'm glad she is with you and improving!

Well done Marigold your a true Star! xx

Shes gorgeous x)

Fab news that shes put on that weight, what a credit to you :)

She looks healthy, you wouldn't think looking at that picture shes only 600g

Aww bless her little heart.
Sending lots of keep it up vibes x>>x>>x>>x>>

What lovely news, I do hope she continues to make such steady progress!

Awww she's beautiful and what lovely news too, keep getting better Marigold sending vibes your way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back