• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Whos children are returning to school?

My son starts Uni in September and we still don't know what measures have been put in place there yet.
Hopefully you will be finding out soon. Will he be in halls of residence or private renting?

I think from what I've heard unis are pretty on it with social distancing, a lot of stuff is still on line when I looked into it xx

My niece is at uni and said some will be online and lectures. They’re expected to be at uni though.

Hi!
So, my kids are 11 and 15, so starting 6th and 10th grade. We start August 31 and both will go in person 2 days a week, and online the rest of the week. Masks will be worn at all times and the schools are supposed to be at 50% capacity. We were allowed to choose an all online option as well. Although I'm pretty much more terrified of them going than happy they will get to go at least a little (they both are really excited about it! ) I couldnt bring myself to choose all online for them.

But many of the parents in my district hope they will go all online for the start. Nearby Allentown and Philadelphia PA are already all online.

I will be very relieved and a little bit sad if they go all online. My 11 year old was due to go to band camp this week and they changed it to online and I was so happy.

We will find out this week if my eldest starts at her new school in person or online.
She has started her apprenticeship and needs to go to college 2 days a week, and she I just so happy to be out and about and working etc.
I know she is keen to go to college in person, but I won't be sad if she does another term of online school.
Her apprenticeship house are long, so 2 days a week at home would give her a chance to get a break from travelling.

I live in Scotland and my daughter goes back to school on Wednesday she is going into primary 6. She cannot wait to return as she loves school and loves having the interaction with her peers.

My daughters school is taking a blended approach so in for a day off for day and so on for the first 2 weeks its down to the individual school as my friends son’s school is straight back to full time and he is going into primary 5.

Yesterday we got word my daughter's high school will be all online for the first 1/4 of the year (at least) and my son will be going in person. They call it hybrid and it'll be Wednesdays and Fridays in person and the rest online.

My teen is sad about "not needing" back to school outfits now. The tween is happy he gets to go. I know I can trust him to follow all the guidelines.

But he'll be in the building with trump supporter's kids who probably have been told this is all a hoax. Who knows where they have been and how many other idiots they have been around. That is scary. 😱🤬

Mine will be starting back in September, going into year 11 and year 9.... Staggered start times for each year group, year group bubbles , staggered lunch times, no mixed form groups (usually year 7-11) , less movement between buildings.... i am scared for them but they are looking forward to getting back to some kind of normal - or in my daughters words - i look forward to going back then after a day i will want to be off !

My kiddos are excited now too :) f2 and year 3, I'm still nervous but not going to lie looking forward to sanity 😂😂😳

For all of you who have children returning to school next week - or just back, I hold you in my thoughts
Thank you. I’m confident about the measures the schools have put in place. The eldest’s school (secondary) even sent a video giving a mini tour and telling them what changes that have been made and how they will need to move around the school.

My youngest starts at Uni in 4 weeks trying to find out what measures the Uni have/are taking is like getting blood out of a stone!

The two things that worry me are
1) children are not allowed to wear masks point blank
2) if a parent brushes their own or their child's symptoms off ass a cold and doesn't isolate/ keep their kid home, can garuntee they'll be one 🤦‍♀️

For all of you who have children returning to school next week - or just back, I hold you in my thoughts
✨💕✨ Thank you

My 11 year old boy goes Monday from 1:05-3:05 for orientation, and then will go Wednesdays and Fridays. He's starting a new school and it's a 3 minute walk from our front door. As usual, the boy who's been barefoot all summer is having a hard time adjusting to shoes. He is happy about going, didnt want to end up all online like his 15 year old sister.

This is all so weird! Worrying about him adjusting to a new school and walking himself there alone just isnt happening. Masks, hand sanitizer, being worried I'm not worried enough...cautiously optimistic they have good practices in place...🤷🏼‍♀️

✨💕✨ Thank you

My 11 year old boy goes Monday from 1:05-3:05 for orientation, and then will go Wednesdays and Fridays. He's starting a new school and it's a 3 minute walk from our front door. As usual, the boy who's been barefoot all summer is having a hard time adjusting to shoes. He is happy about going, didnt want to end up all online like his 15 year old sister.

This is all so weird! Worrying about him adjusting to a new school and walking himself there alone just isnt happening. Masks, hand sanitizer, being worried I'm not worried enough...cautiously optimistic they have good practices in place...🤷🏼‍♀️
Your boy will be fine. They really do adapt quicker than us adults. My son started secondary (high) school last year and I couldn’t take him nor run through the route with him. He had to take the bus from the first day and he made it back just fine.

It is hard to know what is best, our secondary have sent info and videos for my youngest who starts next week, which also applies to the older one too, but the wearing of masks on the bus is contradictory between the school and travel company, the school info says yes wear on bus, the bus info says not compulsory 🤷🏼‍♀️ as yet nothing about wearing masks in school in communal areas or corridors.
They both have masks, they will both have their own sanitiser and I will encourage them to wear the masks but I can't take them as I'll be in school myself so I just have to hope they do, it hasn't been an issue when we've been out but with their friends might be different.

It is hard to know what is best, our secondary have sent info and videos for my youngest who starts next week, which also applies to the older one too, but the wearing of masks on the bus is contradictory between the school and travel company, the school info says yes wear on bus, the bus info says not compulsory 🤷🏼‍♀️ as yet nothing about wearing masks in school in communal areas or corridors.
They both have masks, they will both have their own sanitiser and I will encourage them to wear the masks but I can't take them as I'll be in school myself so I just have to hope they do, it hasn't been an issue when we've been out but with their friends might be different.
My son has to wear a mask on the bus. And this has been stated by both the school and bus company. The school has hand sanitizers set up at each of the entrances and also in the classrooms.

My son has to wear a mask on the bus. And this has been stated by both the school and bus company. The school has hand sanitizers set up at each of the entrances and also in the classrooms.
We've been told there will be people to meet them off the bus at school and direct to sanitiser or hand washing etc but because it's not a public bus they were initially told they didn't have to wear a mask, then school are saying they do. Will see what happens next week.

Back