• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Whos children are returning to school?

Ah okay. Is it hired by the school? The bus my son takes is a school bus so no joe publics on there. They will also have some teachers guiding them as well.

Do your children feel more comfortable wearing a mask or not? I’d go off that really....but it’s difficult when the school and bus company are contradicting each other!

Ah okay. Is it hired by the school? The bus my son takes is a school bus so no joe publics on there. They will also have some teachers guiding them as well.

Do your children feel more comfortable wearing a mask or not? I’d go off that really....but it’s difficult when the school and bus company are contradicting each other!
It is a private school bus, so no general public, but yes annoying that they are not both saying the same, I doubt there will be anyone on the bus with them. Mine are both ok wearing a mask but peer pressure may mean they won't? Perhaps I'm doing them a disservice but I just about remember being their age!

My grandchildren are starting/going back to Junior school on the 7th of September. They are looking forward to it. Pick up and drop off will be different for each class, meals will be served and eaten in the classroom, there will be separate times and playtime areas for each class. If I’m picking up then I will be using my face mask 😷

so my kids have been back one week... and I received an email last night to say my son's year and 3 other years have to stay home just for today as one teacher has tested positive at school........ and they need to sort staffing issues out....... not sure what will follow later today!

so my kids have been back one week... and I received an email last night to say my son's year and 3 other years have to stay home just for today as one teacher has tested positive at school........ and they need to sort staffing issues out....... not sure what will follow later today!
Why just for today? Do they not have to self isolate?

My son’s class is down to about 15 children. One went home yesterday due to symptoms. He’s not got a cough but I think it’s a normal cold. The girls have had the sniffles since they went back as well.

My daughter came home from school yesterday to say one of her classmates had to leave sport early to go and get tested :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
There are just no words for this level of stupidity and poor management.

The good news if she got a text today saying the test was negative, but still...

My other daughter is at boarding school, and I honestly think in the current circumstances she is probably safer than the rest of us.
The school don't allow any staff or students on or off site (within reason of course), and have total control over who goes where and does what.
The strict controls over student and staff movements will be in place for at least 14 days, and then if they are still Covid free they will reassess.
They are currently on day 10.

Why just for today? Do they not have to self isolate?

My son’s class is down to about 15 children. One went home yesterday due to symptoms. He’s not got a cough but I think it’s a normal cold. The girls have had the sniffles since they went back as well.
No.. they had to stay home purely due to staffing issues as the staff member in question had been into contact with other staff at a staff social football event 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

They are to go back tomo BUT now they have implemented the wearing of face coverings when not in the classroom......

No.. they had to stay home purely due to staffing issues as the staff member in question had been into contact with other staff at a staff social football event 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

They are to go back tomo BUT now they have implemented the wearing of face coverings when not in the classroom......
I'd be arguing any child that's been in contact should be isolating to be honest 😱

I'd be arguing any child that's been in contact should be isolating to be honest 😱
They didnt say if it was actually one of my sons teachers who had tested positive... it's a huge school and I imagine over 400 kids were off today... it's such a worry!

Its a huge worry, I worry about primary school glad I don't have any in secondary! Hope you all stay safe xx
There are just so many kids in the school... over 1,000...... my daughter is on high alert... she was fuming about a girl in one of her classes who was openly coughing yesterday! X

There are just so many kids in the school... over 1,000...... my daughter is on high alert... she was fuming about a girl in one of her classes who was openly coughing yesterday! X
Gives me anxiety just reading that! 🙀 I really can't imagine! My daughters school has 30-31kids per class and 7 classes, that's more than enough risk for me I'd really sooner home school if I'm honest. My middle (4) came home yesterday and said she was smelling her friends teeth 🤦‍♀️😫😷

My son's secondary school has 10 classes per year 7-11 plus sixth form to keep on top of . . . Today a year 8 tested positive so all those they had been in close contact with have been told to self isolate for 14 days. Which gives the teachers the added burden of having to ensure they don't miss out on all the work their classmates are doing.

Back