Who's getting ready for Christmas?

Sweet Potato

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
what's father pigmas bringing in your house this year? is anyone planning to decorate the piggie cage ready for christmas?

I have got some piggie parcels cranberries and some rosewood Christmas coloured rattan balls and I want to get them a carrot cottage too. and our lovely old man snake is getting some fake plant's because he kills all the real ones I give him.
pigmas 1.jpg

here are some pictures of our lovely pets getting excited for Christmas or just excited for snacks who knows
snek 4.jpgpig37.jpg

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I am slowly starting - I have designed and ordered the Christmas card (we send a personalised photo card to close family and friends), and have bought a few small gifts.
I have some Christmas sewing to do, but I have the fabric and know what I am making.
My goal is to be done by 1 December so i can enjoy the run up to Christmas without being tempted to rush out and buy random stuff in a last minute panic!

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hubby has bought some of the presents to give out to family and friends. We don't know if we'll be able to give it away by Christmas though. MIL has already received our gift to her though. It's a tablet to replace her broken tablet. I also just ordered the personalised cards (like you @Swissgreys).

Christmas decors will be put on the 1st of Dec though. Hubby don't want me to put it up yet. He's lucky I'm feeling lazy to do it at the moment. 😂😂

I don't decorate my piggies' cage but I bought last week a couple of customised xmas themed cosies for them. It might arrive just before Christmas.

Sweet Potato

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I love the idea of getting a personalised Christmas card made I hand make all of mine but I've got 20 to make his year and it's starting to feel like a chore. I love the idea of being super organised but that's not really in my nature

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I don't usually do anything Christmas before the 1st December. We have decided not to do Christmas at all this year as we won't be able to see family (haven't seen most of them since January) and in light of all that is going on and the difficulties with shopping and posting things it somehow doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
One or 2 presents bought. We usually do most our present shopping at craft fairs in the summer so that didn’t happen this year.
Must get organised.
I’m usually too busy to think about personal stuff and COVID is just making that worse.
However - we will celebrate Christmas.

Covid cannot cancel Christmas

Wheeksers

New Born Pup
Reaction score
bah Humbug! I’m not a big fan tbh, it’s lovely if you have young children but I’m aways very relieved when it’s all over ☹
I feel you with that. I do not have kids (nor plan to have kids) so we treat our pets like are our kids. This year is different because it's our first holiday with guinea pigs! All this talk is making me itch more to deco the cage - but since one of my piggies might be preggo (find out tomorrow!) - it just MIGHT have to wait til after US Thanksgiving (next Thursday).

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I feel you with that. I do not have kids (nor plan to have kids) so we treat our pets like are our kids. This year is different because it's our first holiday with guinea pigs! All this talk is making me itch more to deco the cage - but since one of my piggies might be preggo (find out tomorrow!) - it just MIGHT have to wait til after US Thanksgiving (next Thursday).
We have 6 grandchildren in total but definitely not going to see at least 4 of them over Christmas, everyone is wondering what’s the situation will be with Covid regulations here