whos piggie likes banana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i just tried to see if my piggies licked banana... florence came over and sniffed at it and started backing away :)) doogal staid abit longer to sniff it and olst intrest but zebby wont try it yet. should i take it out of the cage because they dont seem very intrested or should i leave it in over night? i am just worried it will go all mouldy and my room will smell :)>>>

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Sally has half a weetabix and a small slice of banana every morning for her breakfast. I don't leave any fruit/veg in the cages longer than about an hour after serving it, especially in the summer as it can attract flies, and start going soggy and smelly xx

Reaction score
My Sally has half a weetabix and a small slice of banana every morning for her breakfast. I don't leave any fruit/veg in the cages longer than about an hour after serving it, especially in the summer as it can attract flies, and start going soggy and smelly xx

wow i didnt know they could eat weetabix :(|) ok i will take it our before i go to bed thanks

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't think they are really, certainly not every day. Sally was very very poorly and I was trying to tempt her with everything I could think of. I keep her here in the living room with me since her partner died and as soon as I come downstairs she won't shut up until she has had her weetabix. Try it for a treat though. xx

Reaction score
I don't think they are really, certainly not every day. Sally was very very poorly and I was trying to tempt her with everything I could think of. I keep her here in the living room with me since her partner died and as soon as I come downstairs she won't shut up until she has had her weetabix. Try it for a treat though. xx

oh ok thanks :(|)

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Frazzle and Annie both like banana :) The other two run away as if it's disgusting!
They like the skin too..!

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Wow! Weetabix! Didn't know that. OH will now complain that not only am I pinching his breakfast banana to feed to piggies, but now his Weetabix! Lol. OH is feeling rather neglected since our piggies moved in!

Astral Heart

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine are indifferent to it, they will have a nibble, but it is not something they particularly love.

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Willow really likes banana's :)) and Luna really likes banana peels! None of the other pigs touch the peels though :))

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Very rarely do I give banana to Gilbert. He eats it, but I don't know if he LOVES it, as I only give him small amounts.

And I have never tried the peel...doesn't sound tasty though..:)>>> but you can always try, since guinea pigs obviously don't have the same tastes as us humans!xoxo

Reaction score
My guys run away from banana's and also lemon grass. They will eat everything except the lemon grass and banana.

Reaction score
All 8 of mine love bananas and the skin but they are all exceptionally greedy pigs and will eat whatever you put in front of them, in fact a couple of my pigs love to try and chew holes in your clothes when you pick them up lol.
My youngest dog loves bananas and both dogs love apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.