• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why Can't You Just Use Coroplast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a 2x6 jumbo coroplast base, and then a 2x2 area of grids connecting , at first i just had them in the base while i was reconstructing their cage but trying to put the grids on the 2x6 it wouldn't fit. they didn't jump out or even try to. i have had them in this for a few days and they're finally popcorning again. it isn't high off the ground and they don't try to get out. i was slightly afraid to even bring this topic up for the comments i will get but i truly feel as if my piggies are safe and i wouldn't put them in anything i feel wasn't.

back wall is 12 inches and the other walls are 6 inches

I wonder if you could just experiment with it in a room where if they did escape, they couldn't find anything to injure themselves? I wonder if pigs could get over a 6 inch "fence". I think mine are just too lazy to try :)

they are very lazy! but my room is piggie proof because they have floor time in here since it is cold outside . they are not high up at all i think they will be just fine. i spent a good bit on this coroplast so i would like to use it

If you think it is suitable for them then it's up to you. It's your piggies after all. As long as they wouldn't hurt them selves if they did one day decide to make the great escape! Just make sure there is nothing near the edge that they can climb on top of and jump over the sides :)

In my experience a determined piggy can jump a 6" wall but provided they're in a safe enough environment if that does happen then it's fine. If you have piggies like mine though they'll love their cage so much they won't try to escape (the wall jump was to get back into the cage!) - I once accidentally left my cage wide open into an un-piggy-proofed room, came back hours later to find they hadn't even attempted to venture out the cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back