Why Do Piggies Go 'brrr!' When Put In Cage After It's Been Cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddykins

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When my pigs go back in their cage after it's been cleaned they both always do a little rumble as soon as they get in. I've seen other people say their piggies do as well. Why do they do this?

louwhiskyy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could it be because the scents are different/new? If the cage has been cleaned it might have a more neutral smell and I suppose, especially if they are males it could be a dominance/territorial marking thing? I don't actually know though, but it is cute!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
I think it's a way of warning the others there may be danger? All the smells are different so the boys particularly will usually have a good look around to make sure everything is good...although all mine also do a funny brr thing sometimes when I stroke their backs In their cage, they go flat (Cagney yawns!) and it's as if they are saying 'ooh that's so nice' . Don't think we'll ever truly figure them out!

Piggly

_
Reaction score
Depends on the type of 'brr'! Usually mine will rumblestrut around and re-establish their territory as something has changed in the environment with a cleanout. A quiet short, sharp 'brr' means a piggy is acknowledging something that worries them, new smells or sounds that are unknown and so could be a danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.