Why does my guinea pig squeak all the time when I pick her up

JenniPigi

Junior Guinea Pig
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Points
140
Location
Buckinghamshire
My two sows are confident, show they feel safe with me, and they both often let me pick them up. However, one of them literally never stops quietly wheeking and chirping when I'm holding her or she's on my lap, there's hardly ever a second where she's not making noise. She licks my hands and lies down on my lap, but she's always talking. My other pig is mostly quiet when I'm holding her. I'm just curious if anyone knows why this could be, or if it's just her personality!
 
Do you hold them both together?
If not then she may feel uncomfortable being away from her friend.

Otherwise the other possibilities are noises of happiness, noises of protest ie just that she is a chatty girl!
 
I had one Piggie who never stopped talking.
It was just her nature.
She chattered away all the time both inside and outside the cage
 
Back
Top